IGNORED

Wormhole 2000 (home brew) ATARI Jaguar

phoboz

We did a live stream of Wormhole 2000 yesterday, with an on the spot review.  The three of us really found the game entertaining even though it is a bit rough around the corners.  Only one of us actually owns a Jag, and I recommend this game for anyone who likes playing and collecting homebrew for the Jag, but you may want to hold off until it is being sold through AtariAge to get a complete package (game, box and manual).

The actual gameplay starts around the 33  minute mark.  We like giving the VLM some love before going to meat of the stream.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BitJag said:

We did a live stream of Wormhole 2000 yesterday, with an on the spot review.  The three of us really found the game entertaining even though it is a bit rough around the corners.  Only one of us actually owns a Jag, and I recommend this game for anyone who likes playing and collecting homebrew for the Jag, but you may want to hold off until it is being sold through AtariAge to get a complete package (game, box and manual).

The actual gameplay starts around the 33  minute mark.  We like giving the VLM some love before going to meat of the stream.

Hey Will I caught the last 20 mins or so live. A little late this week as settled kids to bed.

(Lee.76)

Edited by im_reg
  • Like 1

Been playing this morning and got on the hs board. Maneuvering the ship takes a second to get used to but once I got the hang of it, the control is absolute. Recommend using the corners of the screen for a bit of extra room to evade enemies and asteroids. Also helps with the first boss head ramming to the extents of the screen.

A couple of times I put my ship as far down the hole as I could and it wouldn't come back out. I waited and fired, tried moving in all directions but never saw it again. Eventually it blew up, hitting emerging enemies I assume. Anyone else do this?

Rapid fire controller makes a lot of difference.

Great game and very challenging! Hope to see more phoboz :)

[edit] Corners make no difference. My ship 'sinking' into the bottom of the screen threw me off.

sco.thumb.jpg.a7e678d3054e7bc361b9bd9291c8767c.jpg

• Like 2

There wouldn't happen to be an infinite lives cheat would there? Want to see more of the game but the stage after the first boss head is brutal. Found that sticking to the sides and avoiding the green hive things works a little but the incoming rocks make it a moot point :P

There wouldn't happen to be an infinite lives cheat would there? Want to see more of the game but the stage after the first boss head is brutal. Found that sticking to the sides and avoiding the green hive things works a little but the incoming rocks make it a moot point [emoji14]

I streamed this for a bit today (along with some other Jag games) and had a solid run to the third boss if you want to get some strats. I’m also playing with the rapid fire controller—highly recommended!

Here’s the time stamp on that game:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, BitJag said:

VLM gets some love!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received my copy from @Songbird earlier this week and tried it out.  Very nice game.  It is very challenging though as I can't get past the second wave.  I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm a terrible game player.  I am enjoying it though and will keep at it.  A great arcade style game for the Jag.  Thank you for making this.??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, JagChris said:

After watching the video I think I will wait for a version that has spent more time in the oven.

Hopefully the black widow clone is a little more polished..

Yes, the game is called SpideX, and I am polishing it now.

This game was originally released for the Vectrex, and I have spent some time now to replace the vector graphics with nice looking bitmap graphics.

I am satisfied with most of the graphics except for the horrible looking large ants.

The ants were some of the best looking enemies in the Vectrex version, but Inkscape is horrible at exporting .svg images to low resolution bitmap files.

I also added the possibility for 2 player game in the Jaguar version, one red spider, and one purple spider.

(this was not possible to realize with the Vectrex version, as the Vectrex only has 1 Kilo Byte RAM)

The game now also has some background music: Rimsky-Korsakov - flight of the bumblebee, which I think is a very suitable tune for this game.

Nevertheless, I want to keep the gameplay as close as possible to the Vectrex version.

I will start a new thread when I have something to show...

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 7

Ok that's good but how about options on single player for multi control pad use? I think some people have made custom dual arcade sticks for the Jag. 

Also perhaps take a lesson from Total Carnage and please make the pro controller support customizable. Which it isn't in TC and I end up just using the keypad.