IGNORED

Ping Peter P.

Randy

Hi Peter, just got my US and would like to get the full version of your driver/partitioning software, os if you can tell me how to do that, I can send out the payment to you.  As I am new to this system, any help would be appreciated, particularly with getting a new SD card with a driver and partitioned as I plan to use the SD that came with it as a backup to all the software on it.  Any help with using two SD cards in the US would also be helpful.  And lastly, can you tell me what file on the DM_DMA is the save file?  I have been using your game file for the last couple of weeks and would like to transfer where I am at in the game (lvl 10) and continue from there.  Thanks again, Randy

• Like 1

Hi Randy. Please contact me via e-mail  petari@8bitchip.info about driver/partitioning software. Will not write here account and similar data.

Just few things: easiest way to start is to write 15 MB image to SD card with USB reader and SW for that. Then no need for floppy.

Sending prepared card means additional shipping costs and waiting, what can be longer this covid days.

Details, some YT videos here: http://atari.8bitchip.info/pphdr.php

Work with 2 cards is not much different. What need to know is that partitions will mount in order: first all from card in first slot, then partitions from second slot card. What is important to care: TOS supports max 14 hard disk partitions, so C-P . And that means if first card has 14, second will be not accessible. So, for data exchange need first card with less than 14 partitions.

Dungeon Master: save file is DMGAME.DAT in DIR FILES . With hard disk/SD card you can then use / on Numpad to save state, and can have up to 100 saves - good way to fill up that multi GB card ?

• Like 2

There is hacked version with 4 save slots, but that's little older v. of game 1.1 .

You can always save that DMGAME.DAT file to other disk or directory, so if something goes wrong can copy from that loc. back to DM folder/floppy.

In case of hard disk play there is simpler and faster state save, and as said 100 'slots' - what can be even more if do same with files - move to some other directory. Well, don't think that it will be needed for normal play - maybe if someone wants to make some larger slide show of games all interesting locations.