Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

2600 Junior turns on, very snowy picture

I’ve got a junior that turns on fine. You see the game, but it’s as if the signal is not fully lined up with the channel selected. I’ve tried different channels, gave it a cleaning, twisted the red thingie to see if that would help, asked politely but nothing’s made a difference. I also tried to find what’s always referred to as the chiclet looking film capacitor on earlier models but not having luck. Any experts know if there’s a specific that seems like an obvious fix?

3DAF26BC-E1F9-40CB-A4E6-FEA3A82503D5.jpeg

Did you check your channel switch on console? Did you try to move and wiggle RF cable? What kind of adapter you use to connect cable to antenna input? Did you try different TV? 

On 8/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, JohnD said:

I’ve got a junior that turns on fine. You see the game, but it’s as if the signal is not fully lined up with the channel selected. I’ve tried different channels, gave it a cleaning, twisted the red thingie to see if that would help, asked politely but nothing’s made a difference. I also tried to find what’s always referred to as the chiclet looking film capacitor on earlier models but not having luck. Any experts know if there’s a specific that seems like an obvious fix?

3DAF26BC-E1F9-40CB-A4E6-FEA3A82503D5.jpeg

I resolved a similar situation by cleaning the channel select switch with deoxit.  So far, every Atari I have with snow problems have responded well to a little deoxit. 

• Like 1