IGNORED

Where to get a new cartridge socket / Junior

larryleffaovell

Edit -- I read this message again and I realize that OP is likely talking about the pins inside the cartridge connector, not the "pins" that open the dust cover on a cartridge.  Sorry for the distraction!

---

I understand that this is a very common issue with the 2600 Jr.  My childhood 2600 Jr. developed this same problem when I first got it, but I was able to patch it recently with some small screws and washers.  I used a rotary tool to flatten the top of some wood screws, then threaded them into the spots adjacent to where the broken pins are.  You can probably use machine screws too, which don't have a point.  I believe I used a #4 screw (North American size); pick one that requires minimal threading to clear the slot -- otherwise you risk breaking more plastic!

IMG_20200808_203812.thumb.jpg.f9d724efed56646c6225f0dede148858.jpg

Don't worry -- there is ample clearance between the cartridge circuit board and the screws and nothing will get damaged.  The washers are optional, but help secure the screw in the cartridge slot.  You can use some glue to further strengthen the placement of the screws if desired.

Edited by Steve Guidi