IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 5 - Pac-man

9 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I really like the programming in this one. 

I can see the speed of the game increases over time; then the speed slightly decreases ....

The length of time that the ghosts stay blue changes from quick to long lasting, back to quick.... 

Sometimes the ghost eyes go straight to the ghost box and other times, the eyes move around a while before getting into the box. 

The change ups are really refreshing ... it keeps the game from getting boring. 

Really well done !! There was a ton of thought that went into the programming! 

I wonder if there's a way to help ensure the ghost eyes take the long way home...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's how Pacman looks as the half-way point hits this weekend, good golly Ms. Pacman these scores are HIGH...! ? We could have a new record by next week, wouldn't surprise me, you top 3 are smoking ?

HIGH SCORES:

1. 356,430 IntyFanMatt

2. 186,640 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

3. 173,760 Rickster8

4. 52,640 Ace24

5. 41,570 JacobZu7zu7

6. 39,110 hoosierdadee78

7. 38,950 fakecortex

8. 32,890 Intelligentleman

9. 24,000 Mangia-Boy

10. 21,130 Rickster8

11. 20,280 BiffMan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I really like the programming in this one. 

I can see the speed of the game increases over time; then the speed slightly decreases ....

The length of time that the ghosts stay blue changes from quick to long lasting, back to quick.... 

Sometimes the ghost eyes go straight to the ghost box and other times, the eyes move around a while before getting into the box. 

The change ups are really refreshing ... it keeps the game from getting boring. 

Really well done !! There was a ton of thought that went into the programming! 

It's a good one.  Just hate how fast the ghosts re-spawn.  That's what we get for eating them I guess!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

It's a good one.  Just hate how fast the ghosts re-spawn.  That's what we get for eating them I guess!  

THAT'S IT! I couldn't figure what part was more difficult... I do like the ghosts stay blue, a nice amount of time. Its the trade I can deal with ;)

Good port Atari. ? 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, Rickster8 said:

Lol @Ace24 I love the Player 1 dive score of 10 so you can get to the screen that shows the High Score. Hahahaahahahaa I did the same thing this afternoon..... ?

I went to get my phone for a picture and I came back and saw the player select menu. ?  I didn’t know if I could get the score back on the screen or not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I seem to have lost my mojo again. It’s really weird. I have to play 50 tries until I get on a good run. 

I chalk it up to excellent programming. 

I can’t wait to compete on Ms Pac-Man in the future. Nothing beats those marching fruit; and catching the bananas on the run! 

We had an Intellivision Ms. Pac-Man tournament here at my home a few years ago .... everyone was just loving the game! Holy Moly... what an amazing port of Ms. PAC !!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I seem to have lost my mojo again. It’s really weird. I have to play 50 tries until I get on a good run. 

I chalk it up to excellent programming. 

I can’t wait to compete on Ms Pac-Man in the future. Nothing beats those marching fruit; and catching the bananas on the run! 

We had an Intellivision Ms. Pac-Man tournament here at my home a few years ago .... everyone was just loving the game! Holy Moly... what an amazing port of Ms. PAC !!!!!!!!!

Your Ms Pac-Man was the “homebrew” then.  Intellivision did not make Ms Pac-Man originally. Most people here won’t have the homebrew so we probably won’t be playing it unless everyone buys the ROM to play it on emulation or pays $180 for the cart on eBay. And there is only one available right now on eBay. Ain’t gunna happen!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Most people should have it.  It was a free download at one time.  

https://carlmuellerjr.blogspot.com/2016/06/ms_22.html?m=1

Rickster8 uses nothing but emulation and is doing really well.

Some people do not play on emulation, like me or Spartan. Rickster uses the ultimate flashback, so he would need to reach out to that website to get the ROM. It is no longer free either. Honestly not sure if everyone is going to do that.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Some people do not play on emulation, like me or Spartan. Rickster uses the ultimate flashback, so he would need to reach out to that website to get the ROM. Honestly not sure if everyone is going to do that.

Pretty sure I have Ms Pacman on my emulator. Or are you saying there’s another version of Ms Pacman? 

6 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Pretty sure I have Ms Pacman on my emulator. Or are you saying there’s another version of Ms Pacman? 

Only one hombrew version that I am aware of. If you have it, that’s awesome!  It’s a well done homebrew, but I don’t have it.  And I am not buying it or playing on emulation. ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

15 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Most people should have it.  It was a free download at one time.  

https://carlmuellerjr.blogspot.com/2016/06/ms_22.html?m=1

Rickster8 uses nothing but emulation and is doing really well.

I had a regular InTV Flashback too, but it glitched out last week so soon it will be on its way to get upgraded. ?

• Like 1

Just now, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

No problem! For sure some home brews are very expensive !!! 

I’ll let you guys work out the rules for choosing games Accounting for accessibility of games. 

Ms. Pac was just a suggestion. I definitely have others that I would want before MPM anyway :) 

It’s all up to Jacob. We normally don’t play homebrews here though. 

11 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

No problem at all here. No home brews! 

Looks like the last homebrew played here was Christmas Carol, which is an amazing game.  And I actually have that one! ?. That was back in season 10 but Jacob was not moderating. A homebrew has not been chosen since, but who knows, maybe he’ll shake things up with a homebrew at some point!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Worm whomper cartridges aren't cheap either, but you don't have to play every game if you don't want to.

Yep that’s a rare one, and is listed for around $60 on eBay now. Fortunately I have that one. And if you want to have a chance at winning the whole season, you’ll probably hafta play all the games.