IGNORED

First Atari 2600 game you bought with earned money

Random Terrain

I love Video Pinball!  it was the first game I ever bought with my own (earned) money when I was young... maybe 11 I think :D  ah the good old days...

Stein gave me an idea for a new thread. What was the first Atari 2600 game you bought with earned money? In 1982, I replanted some bushes for an old lady and bought Yars' Revenge with the money I got (back when the game was new).

I didn't appreciate the game more by earning it though. Seems like I would have, but I enjoyed games even more if I got them for free (parents payed) or when we payed almost nothing for them, around $3. Some of my best memories are of getting marked down games at the K-Bee Toy Store in the mall. I walked 5 miles to the mall (and 5 miles back) more than a few times because of my Atari 2600 addiction.

I worked for my dad at his Movie theater from age 7-12 years old cleaning seats and selling Pop & Candy, he would not pay me money for it, but he would buy me what I wanted every week, so when Pitfall came out, I worked my week and he bought it for me.

:!: :) 8)

Adventure

My brother, sister and I scoured the neighborhood for aluminum cans and bottles. Took a couple months to earn enough for the cartridge. We bought a number of games this way.

Once I was old enough for a "real job", I was into computers and buying things for my VIC and 64.

When I was a young kid, my Dad would give me my lunch money everyday for school. Well, I was addicted to my Atari 2600, so I would always skip out on buying/eating lunch so I could take that week's worth of lunch money to buy games. Needless to say, I was a real skinny kid :D

Judging by my belly now, I should go back to skipping out on lunch.

My first was Jr Pac-Man. I remember that I really wanted Ms Pac-Man, but Child World (remember that store?) only had Ms Pac-Man for the 7800. I was excited to see Jr Pac-man because I had never heard of it before and it looked better than Ms Pac-Man. I think it only cost me $14 and it turned out to be one of my favorite Atari games.

The first game I ever bought myself was Donkey Kong Jr. I LOVE the arcade and couldn't wait to get home a play it. My mom made us stop by my grandma's house for a visit on the way home. I remember sitting there for 3 agonizing hours, staring at the box waiting to get home. When I got home...wow! What a disappointment!

Sean