Jump to content
Northcoastgamer

Colecovision HSC Season 13- Round 21 - Jungle Hunt

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

 

Round 21 Season 13

 

Jungle Hunt ScreenshotJungle Hunt for Colecovision Box ArtJungle Hunt Screenshot

Game Information

Game Name: Jungle Hunt

Released by: Arcade: Taito 1982 (Originally titled Jungle King). CV: Atarisoft 1983.

Settings:  Skill/Game 1 (Easy)

CV HSC High Score: Skill/Game 1(Easy) 63,200 Northcoastgamer (10/2015 HSC9).

Manual:  http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/jungle hunt manual.pdf

 

Jungle Hunt Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Score 5,000= +2, Score 10,000= +3, Score 15,000= +4, Score  25,000= +5, Score 40,000= +7, Score 55,000+10, Score: 65,000 & up= +12

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

 

Round Ends: Sunday August 30th at 8pm(PST) 11pm (EST)

 

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

 

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well.  Season 12 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

 

Good Luck!

Final Jungle Hunt Scores

  1)69,830 Serguei2 +3 +12 +10 Record Breaker - Record Setter :-o

  2)58,220 zaphro72 +3 +10

  3)57,110 DuggerVideoGames +3 +10

  4)38,230 Bmack36 +3 +5

  5)37,000 jblenkle +3 +5

  6)36,270 fakecortex +3 +5

  7)35,560 digress +3 +5

  8) 33,750 chuckwalla +3 +5 

  9)22,040 roadrunner +3 +4

10)18,460 ed1475 +3 +4

  

Round 21 Totals - Including Bonus Points

  1){125} Serguei2

  2) {96}  zaphro72

  3) {95}  DuggerVideoGames

  4) {63}  Bmack36

  5) {61}  jblenkle

  6) {60}  fakecortex

  7) {59}  digress

  8)  {56}  chuckwalla

  9) {39}  roadrunner

10) {33}  ed1475

 

Season Standings - After 21 Rounds

  1)1864 Bmack36  

  2)1619 DuggerVideoGames

  3)1109 zaphro72

  4)1028 jblenkle

  5)  861 ed1475

  6)  813 NCG

  7)  750 fakecortex

  8)   566 digress 

  9)  493 roadrunner

10)  491 chuckwalla

11)  392 Serguei2

12)  220 S.BAZ

13)  176 Mangia-Boy

14)  160 Player One

15)  113 Sneakyturtleegg 

16)  105 bowlstir   

17)    51 DarthCloud 

18)     3  BatmanVsCatwoman

jungle-hunt-1983.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love me some Jungle Hunt. The Atari 8-Bit version was a favorite in my house.

 

8,300

2072646509_JungleHunt2020-08-2413_36_14.thumb.png.30b1f79461de83e2cb35391efb251f34.png

 

This is just a great screenshot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, those monkeys! And lining up a crocodile kill is pretty hard. It doesn't aid in a high score, but I've been avoiding them just to save lives.

 

Also, I'm torn- when you're swimming, is the dude wearing a swimsuit or are those censor pixilations? 😆

 

18,100 round 2

1825336807_JungleHunt2020-08-2511_10_10.thumb.png.779400b1be2545798dd75d8a55bf9fb1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, fakecortex said:

Man, those monkeys! And lining up a crocodile kill is pretty hard. It doesn't aid in a high score, but I've been avoiding them just to save lives.

 

Also, I'm torn- when you're swimming, is the dude wearing a swimsuit or are those censor pixilations? 😆

 

18,100 round 2

1825336807_JungleHunt2020-08-2511_10_10.thumb.png.779400b1be2545798dd75d8a55bf9fb1.png


Alot easier to kill the crocs in the Atari 2600 version

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chuckwalla said:

Get back to some ColecoVision here.

 

16,420

ColecoVision Jungle Hunt 16420 Level 1.jpg

looks like the monkeys are spear fishing from under water

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, digress said:

looks like the monkeys are spear fishing from under water

I forgot how to defeat the monkeys, haven't played this in a while and it's a great classic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chuckwalla said:

Get back to some ColecoVision here.

 

16,420

ColecoVision Jungle Hunt 16420 Level 1.jpg

 

Ha.  At first glance, it looked like Fishing Derby for the 2600 until I stopped scrolling.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chuckwalla said:

I forgot how to defeat the monkeys, haven't played this in a while and it's a great classic.

I think the only way is to jump above them on the vine or wait for them to climb up and then hop on beneath them. I'm not missing anything am I? I do know that if you wait on a vine for too long, you'll just fall off. I know from...experience :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I think the only way is to jump above them on the vine or wait for them to climb up and then hop on beneath them. I'm not missing anything am I? I do know that if you wait on a vine for too long, you'll just fall off. I know from...experience :( 

From some of the videos I have watched your best bet is to jump as soon as you see/know it is a monkey vine and then you land above them

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...