IGNORED

Q*Bert false advertising

Luc

1 hour ago, Luc said:

Found this Q*Bert commercial from 1983 on Youtube. Funny how they used fake gameplay for the different systems.

The 2600 version looks nothing like what they presented in this video.

image.png

The most noticeable difference is the disk platforms.The 2600 version has simple lines, not those fancy multicolored spinning disks.

The quality is so poor that I can't even make out the pyramid very well, I don't know how different it is from the 2600 version.

It looks like another screen cap from the Intellivision version but with the blocks a different color. But the disks and Qbert himself look nearly identical to the ones shown on the Intellivision screen. In fact, Now that I look at it, they all the look the same on each one just different colors for the cubes being used? You can tell because the disks color is the same on all three as is qberts position on the screen. So likely just a rendered drawing with different colored cubes passing them off as each platform version.

• Like 1

You can barely see the details from those tiny windows. The ad also admits that it’s using animated graphics. Either way, the 2600 version of Q*bert was actually quite excellent. Granted, it was graphically simplistic, but it more then got the job done. The gameplay is all there and the play control is spot on perfect. It even plays faster then the ColecoVision version. (which was my personal favorite version for many years)

I wish I could find it now... but THERE IS a clear case of false advertising regarding QBert... I just wish I could find it

It basically says "Screenshots from Atari 2600" yet doesn't have the slightly skewed pyramid AND shows the teleporter pads as rainbow circular discs.... which were definitely NOT on the 2600!!!