IGNORED

Ping PP, how do I save on gamex?

Randy

It's all explained here: http://atari.8bitchip.info/GamexUsage.html

"Gamex is system for advanced gaming on Atari ST(E) and compatible machines - TT, Falcon. Main feature is possibility to abort gameplay with pressing some key (F9 usually), what results with exit to Desktop. Then may start GXUTIL program and permanently save state in moment of abort, for later playing further. Or continuing playing just aborted (from RAM). Gamestate saves are usually long between 512K-1M, depending from game's RAM usage."

In case of Frontier it will work only with 2 MB or more RAM in machine. There is short flashing when press F9 - that indicates that it works - game's RAM content is moved in high RAM, so GXUTIL can work in usual low RAM.

And as may see, you can even add shorter comment in state save file.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@ParanoidLittleMan I have another question for you. I am trying to replace the aud file on Uridium with a raw no header file version of the C64 sound track. 
I think i have created the file properly based on your documentation. When I us Harari and copy the Uridium folder to a new ACSI 80MB image, I get the "Error in getting file location" error no matter which aud file I use. i tried mine and a I also tried the two you put in the files folder (aud and aud1). None of them work on this new image. I have been able to get the game to run once or twice off of the 1000 Game HD image you created, but I don't want to copy any files to that image. 

The MAC doesn't have defragging tools anymore as they are supposedly not needed. Do you think this is a fragmentation problem on the image or the souce sound file I am copying to the image? 

Note that Xenon2A also has a problem on this image, but I can run it from you 1000 Game image. Should I attempt to make a copy of your image and replace the aud files to see if that works? 

Any special tricks you can think of would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

_Jeff

If partition is fragmented it will still start, but playback will be bad - with some jumps in music and possible awful noise (reading not audio data).

If says "Error in getting file location" that's usually because regular, so called PUN info block is missing - usually driver problem, or strange format .

I guess that you use that 80 MB image what was uploaded by Hatari authors. It is really outdated. If it is problem, I can create one empty one, with demo v. of my driver (same as in 1000 Game image). It will be very short DL with ZIPped empty image. And I prefer round numbers, so better 100 MB ?

Audio files might be pretty long.

To avoid fragmentation just add files in order and don't delete - except last ones added. If that's not really possible use another, empty image copy.

28 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

If partition is fragmented it will still start, but playback will be bad - with some jumps in music and possible awful noise (reading not audio data).

If says "Error in getting file location" that's usually because regular, so called PUN info block is missing - usually driver problem, or strange format .

I guess that you use that 80 MB image what was uploaded by Hatari authors. It is really outdated. If it is problem, I can create one empty one, with demo v. of my driver (same as in 1000 Game image). It will be very short DL with ZIPped empty image. And I prefer round numbers, so better 100 MB ?

Audio files might be pretty long.

To avoid fragmentation just add files in order and don't delete - except last ones added. If that's not really possible use another, empty image copy.

PP,
I'd love to have a new 100MB image to use as a base for playing on Hatari!  That would be awesome! 

PP, I got the new sound file in Uridium to work using your HD image. I need to defrag the sound file though as I hear the problems with it now?

So no need for a new image (unless you made one, because I'll take it!!), i can use the 1000 game one.  I'll test on a real machine later and see how it works. Great job on all the hard work!!!

• 1 year later...