InsaneMultitasker

TI-99 Infocom Interpreter Dev

1 hour ago, Asmusr said:

Yep.

Cool.  I'll look again.  Maybe it is my misunderstanding of how the FG99 is implemented; I was looking for the FG99 cartridge in the Software list and options without any success. Is it just a matter of loading the cartridge files from disk, with the proper advanced mode option set in the 6-byte header, and js99er takes it from there?

9 hours ago, PeteE said:

@Asmusr will correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think he implemented FG99 RAM mode in JS99er.

4 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Is it just a matter of loading the cartridge files from disk, with the proper advanced mode option set in the 6-byte header, and js99er takes it from there?

You need to load a cartridge image with an ASCII R (>52) at offset 3 to enable the RAM mode. See https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/ under Advanced modes.

If your TI software is on disk I guess you can create an empty cartridge with just the header, but maybe you're talking about the host system disk?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note that JS99er doesn't emulate the X or G modes.

To actually emulate the FinalGROM there would need to be a way to insert an (emulated) SD card into the cartridge. One reason for adding a full emulation would be to emulate the  reloading feature, but AFAIK nobody has developed any software using that. 

52 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

You need to load a cartridge image with an ASCII R (>52) at offset 3 to enable the RAM mode. See https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/ under Advanced modes.

If your TI software is on disk I guess you can create an empty cartridge with just the header, but maybe you're talking about the host system disk?

Yes, it sounds like the empty cartridge and header is the way to start.  Eventually, I plan to use 128K of ROM for the game information and at least one bank of RAM for buffer/code space.  So the catridge would by of type "R" of the appropriate size.  I suppose I could incorporate the Interpreter in the ROM and copy it into the 32K RAM space with a simple ROM header/code approach.  I don't typically deal with cartridges but I think I understand what is needed to play with emulation now.  Maybe. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I suppose I could incorporate the Interpreter in the ROM and copy it into the 32K RAM space with a simple ROM header/code approach.

Sure, you can use one of the tools to create a cartridge image from TIFLES and then patch the header.

• Like 2