IGNORED

'Timebomb' - Trynig to find a BASIC game, from an early 80's computer magazine game type-in listing.

CaptainMidnight

Hi All

In the very early 80's, many home computer magazines included type-in game and program listings - these normally spanned 4/5/6/... pages of the magazine, seemed like they took ages to type in and longer to debug where you'd made mistakes typing them in ?

'Timebomb' was such a game - from memory the aim of the game was to collect flags / mark bombs before they exploded(?) while trying to out run a skull and crossbones type enemy(?)

Here's a picture of the game which was released for the ZX Spectrum years after it was publised as a basic type-in listing for the Atari 400/800 at that time. It's one of those iconic games I can remember from my childhood and would love to find the listing of it and ultimately recreate it.

If anyone comes across this Atari BASIC game listing (preferably as a .bas file ?) please give me a shout - god loves a trier ?

Phil

Timebomb - Exactly the same as a magazine published Atari 400/800 type-in listing

TimebombZXSpectrumScreenshot.png

Nothing here but there's a huge number of non typed in stuff out there which is slowly getting found and preserved by all involved in the Atari preservation initiative. But maybe someone else might have it in here..Keep looking..

And thank you Atarimania, there was a Time Bomb on there by Fernando H (great coder) that I never knew existed..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari_Ace said:

UXB, from Compute! 30 (November 1982) looks related.  The SCAT group disks on the pooldisk call it TIMEBOMB on their disk 3 (attached), and the magazine text refers to "time bombs" in the game. 

003.atr 90.02 kB · 5 downloads

Wow thanks, it's not exactly the version I'm looking for but it's essentially the same game - the timeframe is also roughly right - I think this is probably an American version of the game.

Thanks again ?