Igor

Requested updates to the Atari Gamer website

Hello! I've had a number of people requesting various updates to the Atari Gamer website (atarigamer.com) so I thought that I'd start a thread about it. If you have any updates or notice any bugs or weird behaviour please post about it here and I'll see what I can do to address it.

Thanks!

The 'Featured' menu item now lists the 'Events' link, which is where you will find programming competition event listings, among other things that I'll be adding as 'events'.

981688895_ScreenShot2020-09-16at12_21_51.thumb.png.26a8492362cfa60bc8a20afc4f9e982d.png

The game info page now shows the play count for a game and if it's part of a ranked event, it shows the place that the entry scored in at.

7855442_ScreenShot2020-09-16at12_22_12.thumb.png.99b0682dd91cd25b6067d895b5914e05.png

The game play page also shows the event and scoring place and play count (under the ratings, not shown in this screenshot).

773857595_ScreenShot2020-09-16at12_32_03.thumb.png.ef3562e4b1f47b91e078cb9543f3175d.png

• Like 3

Nice addition.

As I'm curious, I checked my games entries, and the most played on your site is... Teen Dance

Wonder why I continue to put spaceships and bugs in my other games :D

Edited by Fadest
  • Haha 2

https://atarigamer.com/news/1f2jt9jxbls

Actually the game has been castrated to a demo version by blocking some sub menus and adding the slideshow  ;-) Nothing a real hacker could change 😛

Goal was to have 8 players (as you can guess from the menu), but it is just impossible to find that persons in one room this time.

• Like 1

Thanks! I've updated the game page. Also put the cart on my desk now so I will have a better play to see if I can find the hidden game.

nice.

I wonder if you want to add the CC and Lemmings ROMs with new levels, as well as the patched Battlezone and Xenophobe, too.

• Like 1

Are those ROMs available somewhere? I've seen quite a few Lemmings levels ROMs, if it's those you mean I probably won't be adding that.

there are somewhere here in the forum.

as there are only around 30 new levels for lemmings, i did not bother to puit them all into one rom yet, thus there are 30 different roms ;-)

for cc i dont actually know. there are hundreds of levels, but not all of them are nice and work on the lynx, as it has some lower limit for enemies etc compared to teh dos version. and some effects are slightly different.

• Like 1

@Igor I found xenophobe unlimited lives and the lemmings thread:
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292986-infinite-health-xenophobe-hack/?do=findComment&comment=4305319
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/237163-aprils-fool/?tab=comments#comment-3292336

Btw. I realised that the sound issues of the online emulator (that are worse on firefox than on chrome) that we discussed a long time ago are in fact identical to Handy095 sound issues that are fixed in later versions.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

On 9/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, sage said:

there are somewhere here in the forum.

as there are only around 30 new levels for lemmings, i did not bother to puit them all into one rom yet, thus there are 30 different roms ;-)

for cc i dont actually know. there are hundreds of levels, but not all of them are nice and work on the lynx, as it has some lower limit for enemies etc compared to teh dos version. and some effects are slightly different.

where can i find this CC levels?

16 hours ago, gambler172 said:

where can i find this CC levels?

google.

playable rom images are hidden in the lemmings thread