IGNORED

SIO socket - new, from an injection mold

Sikor

Hello guys

Way back when the Atari was designed, there weren't that many standards.  And as long as there are no standard ways to talk to a peripheral, you don't want to use the same connector as somebody else, because that might cause all kinds of problems.  Especially with the "it looks the same so it must be the same" folks.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sikor said:

Any more feedback from persons, who got it?

Sadly I did not get any of these because the white ones I got that were done by AtariMax (Steve Tucker) are pretty much shit.  The pins don't fit the PCB, the connector is wrongly sized, and it doesn't have any holes for rivets.  Didn't know this until I paid for 13 of them :(

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Sadly I did not get any of these because the white ones I got that were done by AtariMax (Steve Tucker) are pretty much shit.  The pins don't fit the PCB, the connector is wrongly sized, and it doesn't have any holes for rivets.  Didn't know this until I paid for 13 of them :(

Sikor’s ones are closer to the original.

I’m surprised you had issues with the white ones fitting, I had no such issue. They were the best option until Sikor made these. At the time it had been talked about by many people but no-one else had succeeded yet.

I’ll post some pics of them side by side.

• Like 1

I'll add:

The plastic on the black is harder, so more scratch resistant, whilst the white being softer will scratch, which does not matter when mounted in an enclosure.  I am sure the white plastic will harden more over time.

The plastic on the white has a bigger elastic range (being softer), so more impact resistant though will puncture, (the black plastic is more brittle and will crack), which does not matter when mounted in an enclosure.  No SIO sockets were harmed to confirm this observation.

The connector pins are more rounded on the white.

Both the black and the white fit very well to an SIO connector.

I'm grateful to both foft and Sikor, for selling these to the community as they are prized parts amongst my Atari spares and perfect for my DIY needs.

SIO_BW.JPG

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Hi, DavidMil!

Yes, price for retail will be lower - because you took more. How many? For now about 300-400pcs, but it is no problem to do more (i will do more anytime, because Super SIO Splitter will go:

so I must made some more sockets to me). Write me PM or send mail to biuro at sikorsoft dot waw point pl

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...