IGNORED

Atari800MacX Version 5.3.1 - Bugfix Version Released

atarimac

Features Added/Changed

• Added tab character translation to Disk Image Editor.

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed issues with Atari Capslock preventing lowercase letters to be entered in the emulator, especially in XL/XE machines.
  • Fixed longstanding issue which prevented the emulator from opening and saving files in directories with international characters.
  • Fixed linefeed translation in Disk Image Editor for SpartaDOS ATRs.
  • Disabled D Patch for this version, as it is not functioning with the new atari800 core. It will be readded in a future version.
Edited by atarimac
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried using the H: feature today (where a folder on your mac becomes a virtual hard disk in the emulator), and either I can't figure it out, or it isn't working...

I'm using the cart version of the latest SpartaDOS, emulating a 130XE.

Is it working for others?

1 hour ago, bhall408 said:

I just tried using the H: feature today (where a folder on your mac becomes a virtual hard disk in the emulator), and either I can't figure it out, or it isn't working...

I'm using the cart version of the latest SpartaDOS, emulating a 130XE.

Is it working for others?

Last time I checked it was working for me. Check in the preferences to make sure the H: drive is mapped to a folder, then just drop some files into that folder. You should just be able to get a directory listing of H: and see your files. 

H: has never worked with SpartaDOS's command processor, it doesn't recognize CIO devices (this is true in Altirra also).  I don't remember if the "D:" patch worked with Sparta, but it is not working at the moment.

A better overall solution will probably be a port of PCLINK, similar to Altirra's, but that will be for a future release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, atarimac said:

H: has never worked with SpartaDOS's command processor, it doesn't recognize CIO devices (this is true in Altirra also).  I don't remember if the "D:" patch worked with Sparta, but it is not working at the moment.

This sounds vaguely familiar from following FujiNet - I think they had similar work to do related to CIO support?

On 9/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, atarimac said:

A better overall solution will probably be a port of PCLINK, similar to Altirra's, but that will be for a future release.

That would be awesome!

In the meantime, I've ordered a FujiNet, I'm hoping I can use that to do compiles on the Mac and then immediately run the result on the Atari in the room.

Related -- are there any known issues with XEX support in the current release? I'm finding the apps I'm building (built with ca65, start address 0x3000) will run if I copy them to a virtual floppy, but crash the emulator if I try to load them via cmd-R. I'm using SpartDOS as a CART image, and perhaps that is the problem... I'll experiment more today to try and narrow it down.

How do I pass command line arguments to Atari800MacX? 

I'm trying to open the emulator like this

open -a Atari800MacX --args -basic -xl -nopatchall -disk MAG130A.ATR 

The emulator is opening and inserting the correct disk but it's ignoring the other arguments.

If I load a disk and then click on Enable Basic, it does it but blanks the button

605737130_Screenshot2020-10-09at13_19_17.thumb.png.8579254161f7383d0fa8b6c6320cc7e8.png

Changing the computer type to 130XE will reboot the atari and refresh the button so "Disable Basic" appears but clicking the Disable Basic button forces a reboot but doesn't disable basic.

575755559_Screenshot2020-10-09at13_21_26.thumb.png.880f18d76850f5ad8d4abb56b3d77c19.png

Could the problem be that you have basic inserted as a cart, ie, as if you had a real 130XE that had a physical basic cart in it.

I'd expect there to be a distinction between disabling the on-board basic ROM versus having a virtual cart in the cart slot.

I didn't notice the basic cart getting inserted when I clicked the enable basic button.

when you start up as an 800 and click on load basic, it inserts the basic cart and disables the button, if you then switch to a 130xe it leaves the basic cart inserted and reboots, reenabling the disable basic button. if you eject the basic cart it reboots with basic disabled but the button says disable basic not enable basic, clicking the button disables basic (even though it was already disabled, the option to enable basic is never displayed)

The atari800 command line arguments aren't supported on Atari800MacX (ATR's/Carts/XEX's may work on the command line from a very early version).  Instead, Configuration Files provide a similar function (See the help item for them in the online help).   

On the switching issues with the Basic cartridge, I believe they are fixed in 5.4, with the version where I am adding Ultimate1mb/Side2 emulation support.  That is coming along well, but it's probably going to be another couple of weeks before it is released.

• Like 2