IGNORED

Rarity Guide for Sears Super Video Arcade Branded Games?

sixersfan105

Can anyone point me in the direction of a rarity guide for Sears Super Video Arcade-branded Intellivision games, if one even exists? I know there are 29 titles in all but I haven't seen any guides which show the Sears-branded games in particular. I also tried searching the forum here on AtariAge to see if there had been any threads made about this topic in the past but came up empty. I'm going to try to collect all 29 and any insight would be greatly appreciated!

7 minutes ago, stupus said:

Backgammon and checkers are the only really hard to find and pricey ones. None if the rest really stand out as hard to find or cost alot.

Ah ok; thanks. Good to know that those are the hard to find ones. Seems like some sellers are at least TRYING to get $50+ for some of them CIB on eBay and similar sites and others aren't on there at all right now, but I get that it can be a waiting game.

Yeah i think since they are not constantly around some people are trying to gouge on them. Although i think prices have come up a bit. Most used to sell as cheap commond...now i think more people have started on sears.

Therr at least was a guy on facebook selling the complete set i think.

Just my opinion, but a crude starting point.

Backgammon (>$50)

Checkers (>$50)

Roulette ($15-40)

Snafu ($15-40)

Frog Bog ($15-35)

Sealed commons ($10-30+)

Hong Kong Night Stalker ($10+, VHTF)

The rest ($5-10+)

The higher values of these are fairly proportional to their rarity.  If I get some time, I'll try to make a list of rarer/htf commons.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Additional info

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Just my opinion, but a crude starting point.

Backgammon (>$50)

Checkers (>$50)

Roulette ($15-40)

Snafu ($15-40)

Frog Bog ($15-35)

Sealed commons ($10-30+)

Hong Kong Night Stalker ($10+, VHTF)

The rest ($5-10+)

The higher values of these are fairly proportional to their rarity.  If I get some time, I'll try to make a list of rarer/htf commons.

Thanks man. This is helpful!

• Like 1

I didn't want to over inflate prices.  Obviously, many of these can and will go higher.  That's why I used > and +, meaning "be ready to pay more".

The price of the Hong Kong Night Stalker is likely controlled by less than ~5 people, not that it makes a difference.  I personally wouldn't let a decent condition copy slip through for less than $20 ? Most people just don't know about it and few care.  Pretty rare, though.  I've seen less than 6-10 since I've known about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I didn't want to over inflate prices.  Obviously, many of these can and will go higher.  That's why I used > and +, meaning "be ready to pay more".

The price of the Hong Kong Night Stalker is likely controlled by less than ~5 people, not that it makes a difference.  I personally wouldn't let a decent condition copy slip through for less than $20 ? Most people just don't know about it and few care.  Pretty rare, though.  I've seen less than 6-10 since I've known about it.

I still don't have one. ???

Case in point:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324252557687

Sears Snafu listed for $65 OBO.  Sold, but no one knows for how much.  I'm guessing it probably went for $50-60.

Here's a Roulette that went for $35 OBO, so probably $30ish.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133484279622

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Added Roulette info

20 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

So Hong Kong Night Stalker is simply a Sears branded Night Stalker that happens to have been made in Hong Kong instead of the US? So a variant of a variant? Love it haha

11 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

So Hong Kong Night Stalker is simply a Sears branded Night Stalker that happens to have been made in Hong Kong instead of the US? So a variant of a variant? Love it haha

Yep! Our madness knows no bounds! :)

(well as long as we don't tell our wives.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Easiest way to tell is that all of the Sears HK games have the white plastic cart holder (inc Night Stalker).  All of the US games have the cardboard cart retention in the box.

Screenshot_20200920-170210.thumb.png.81c211654cea302d0765835f9254f2a0.png

Screenshot_20200920-165534.thumb.png.436f1d0fb4aeab1f188840b8fd904b5c.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Easiest way to tell is that all of the Sears HK games have the white plastic cart holder (inc Night Stalker).  All of the US games have the cardboard cart retention in the box.

And we should note that Night Stalker is the only one that appears to have been published both ways (and yes, I have one)

Mattel versions often have four to six different versions (not counting French Candian, International, Intellivision Inc and Sears versions). 

Edited by BSRSteve
  • Like 2