IGNORED

Announcing - Gravitic Mines

CyranoJ

1 hour ago, juansolo said:

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't want it on paper. I've had that before when dealing with our government and trying to get shit sorted. It's all tragically archaic.

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

D.Adams.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately I have to concur the process for applying for VAT registration is awful, and the actual handling of it is even worse. However, I'm also certain I cost the UK more in paperwork, salaries, and postage than I remitted, so joke's on them I guess.

Lovely people across the pond of course, but a bit too much paperwork on the management side of things for my taste ?

On 5/19/2022 at 1:32 PM, ryanjagman said:

I really want a copy of this, but, alas, I live in the UK.......

On 5/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Same here! Hopefully an option becomes available soon for those of us in the UK, or the ability to purchase a digital copy for use with the GameDrive. 

Adding you to the group PM mentioned here. We're a collection of UK AA'ers trying to get some stuff as a group order to spread the pain...

1 minute ago, Saturn said:

Got all this in a little while ago! Can't tell which is the deluxe version of Gravitic Mines but going to tear into one asap.

Thanks for this monumental release!

The Gravitic Mine box and contents of the box are the same between the two versions. It's all the extra stuff that's unique to the Deluxe version.  I see the poster also arrived!

Have fun with the games!

..Al

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Albert said:

The Gravitic Mine box and contents of the box are the same between the two versions. It's all the extra stuff that's unique to the Deluxe version.  I see the poster also arrived!

Have fun with the games!

..Al

Will do, thanks!

I opened the standard version one. Tried to play with a regular controller bc its all I had on hand lol.

Taking it home to get a pro controller?

Got my poster in the mail just now. Man, you guys really went all out on the Deluxe edition!!!!

Once I get this professionally framed, I will post a picture.

So excited to see some scores pop up on the online scoreboard.

Talking to you @Saturn!!!

Again, incredible job on the game! I am blown away how much fun I am having....so FUN!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Saturn said:

I opened the standard version one.

Oops, sorry. Had it in my head that the dx version was a clear cart.

Had a blast playing tonight and got as far as 1,4 pretty fast. Noticed a quick touch on a surface bounces you off and steals energy (vs slamming full throttle into one and exploding ? ) Epic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saturn said:

Sweet! I didn't change my pilot's name so wasn't sure if they were registering correctly.

All testers need to clear their pilots.  Re-registering with the same pilot/pin on the cart will be fine (and be reset)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally completed the second level of the demo, this is not an easy game.

I notice that when attempting to land, the ship will start to drift sideways after it has been going straight downwards for quite a while (is this some kind of simulation of sidewinds, or an undeclared feature?). This eventually leads to that I hit the landing pad slightly on the side, then the ship starts to oscillate from side to side on the landing pad. Eventually the ship explodes due to the hits it takes on the sides of the landing pad (during the oscillation). This happens for me quite often, and it is a bit frustrating to loose a life because of this.

I remember that there was a special button to align the ship correctly for landing (I forgot which button to use now), but it would be nice if it was possible to land manually without using this feature/workaround.

Edited by rogneda
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rogneda said:

I notice that when attempting to land, the ship will start to drift sideways after it has been going straight downwards for quite a while (is this some kind of simulation of sidewinds, or an undeclared feature?). This eventually leads to that I hit the landing pad slightly on the side, then the ship starts to oscillate from side to side on the landing pad. Eventually the ship explodes due to the hits it takes on the sides of the landing pad (during the oscillation). This happens for me quite often, and it is a bit frustrating to loose a life because of this.

I remember that there was a special button to align the ship correctly for landing (I forgot which button to use now), but it would be nice if it was possible to land manually without using this feature/workaround.

It's called inertia. 

You are not oscillating. You missed the pad. 

Please, learn to fly! ? Its perfectly possibly to  land without this feature. Nobody is getting stuck in a wall here. Hehe. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Please, learn to fly!

Yes, but maybe I didn't get your explanation of the initial problem.

Why does the ship start to drift sideways (when approaching the pad) after it has been going straight downwards for so long time before (I don't even touch the angle, just thrust upwards to limit the speed of descent)

4 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Because you have inertia from your previous movements, and only perfectly matching opposite thrust can stop that, or the pull of gravity

OK fine, I am just saying it's not such an easy game.

6 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Did you forget which account you were using, phoboz? 

My father is not here to speak for himself now.

35 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

only perfectly matching opposite thrust can stop that

Maybe the game would be a little bit easier (e.g. more playable for non super-duper experienced gamers) if it didn't have to be an exact opposite to the previous movement? I mean to allow for a certain tolerance that matches what you can actually distinguish visually by looking at the screen.

PS. This is just a hint from a less experienced player than maybe you, and your playtesters. (Also including the Bubsy playtesters :))

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, rogneda said:

You overlooked the gravity mine which is located right from the landing pad in level 2. This happens only with this pad because there is a gravity mine that 

puhes you to the left. 

The idea is either you use the teleport, or you counter with the sidethrusters.

Its the only pad in the demo with this puzzle, all other landing pads have normal gravity, where speed and vector is unaffected by surroundings.

There is another red gravity mine in level 2, but in open space, and it pushes you away when you come into its range. 

So its a consistent game mechanic.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, rogneda said:

Maybe the game would be a little bit easier (e.g. more playable for non super-duper experienced gamers) if it didn't have to be an exact opposite to the previous movement? I mean to allow for a certain tolerance that matches what you can actually distinguish visually by looking at the screen.

PS. This is just a hint from a less experienced player than maybe you, and your playtesters. (Also including the Bubsy playtesters :))

Seriously?? 

(No, DoctorClu was not a tester ;-) Also, wrong genre! )

Edited by agradeneu