IGNORED

Announcing - Gravitic Mines

CyranoJ

8 hours ago, Editorb said:

That’s more like it! Deth to Editorb the Grate!

All hail King E!!!

Tell ya what.....first person to get UNDER 38 seconds on training 1-4 gets a small prize this week!

Give it a go.....

Edited by Machine
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Tip: Properly flying means not using the sidethrusters too much, rotate the ship and use small bursts of the main thrusters. Also helps when gravity changes.

Interesting. I've been using the heck out of side thrusters to save fuel, which is a precious commodity. I run out if flying too vigorously. On several levels, I used heavy gravity drops to get where I'm going without fuel, flying past missiles in process. I'm also generally leery of rotating ship overmuch cuz my d-pad on Pro replica is floaty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Machines scores are crazy - 53 secs for jump 1.2?? :D

I screwed up at the very end getting out and had to reverse thrust to avoid crashing on the right mountain. 52 seconds is possible.... probably more but not for me.

Lots of these levels are so much fun to just fly around and try new ways of doing them. I do not ever do speed runs, but this game is just too addicting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Tip: Properly flying means not using the sidethrusters too much, rotate the ship and use small bursts of the main thrusters. Also helps when gravity changes.

I only use the sidethrusters for landing. Sliding into a landing spot going sideways is so cool. Quick touch and go.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Editorb said:

I presume the prize is making their times look like steaming heaps …

Nope. I always give out good prizes. It isn't a huge prize($-wise) but it is cool and GM related.

The members of the "Jaguar Highscore Club" know the kind of prizes I send.

Plus you will be the only one that has it so far....

Someone willing to take this small challenge?

First person who posts here after they put their score up on the official GM online scoreboard wins!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 7:08 PM, Machine said:

Nope. I always give out good prizes. It isn't a huge prize($-wise) but it is cool and GM related.

The members of the "Jaguar Highscore Club" know the kind of prizes I send.

I had no doubts of that. I’m just in awe of your insane GM prowess after you proved your ability to smite all comers at a whim after rampaging forth from the training caverns. Keep on rocking in the gravitic world!

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 2

I'm curious how the EEPROM works in GM. Most Jag games have 1-3 save slots that store limited data. GM seems to be keeping track of all sorts of stuff. Is the EEPROM appreciably larger? Will it lose its ability faster than other games due to 100,000 writes being reached more quickly due to all the data it's writing?

• Like 1

I've beaten most of Pilot with zero crashes but a few stages still elude me. The last planet has a race against the clock that I just couldn't beat without crashing. I'll head back one day and finish the job ?

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Here is a playthrough of all the training levels. I made somebody (one of y’all?) upset by not using the autolevel :) 

Hopefully posting the QR codes doesn’t open me up to spoofing attacks…

You fly extremely well for not using the auto-leveling or side-thrusters. I do not think many people could beat your times without using those. Do you have a pro-controller?  Your times would be extremely fast if you used the auto-leveling and side-thrusters.   You should at least try the auto-leveling. It will make your times hard to beat.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Machine said:

You fly extremely well for not using the auto-leveling or side-thrusters. I do not think many people could beat your times without using those. Do you have a pro-controller?  Your times would be extremely fast if you used the auto-leveling and side-thrusters.   You should at least try the auto-leveling. It will make your times hard to beat.

I do have one but did not have it with me. I will give it a try…

On 6/30/2022 at 8:58 AM, Machine said:

Tell ya what.....first person to get UNDER 38 seconds on training 1-4 gets a small prize this week!

Give it a go.....

Just did it in 35 seconds. This would be day 7 of the one week challenge?

• Like 2

On 7/5/2022 at 10:55 AM, jgkspsx said:

Here is a playthrough of all the training levels. I made somebody (one of y’all?) upset by not using the autolevel :) 

Hopefully posting the QR codes doesn’t open me up to spoofing attacks…

Send me your name and address in a PM. You deserve something for your excellent flying, dedication, and love of GM! Such an excellent game!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was finally able to give this game a blast after I returned from a long journey.

Very nice presentation, thank you @CyranoJ and @agradeneu!

I got to the 3rd or 4th level on the rocky planet, but this is probably as far as I can get? These spontanous gravitic eruptions are really challanging in combination with reverse gravity pull ? 

Edited by phoboz

16 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I was finally able to give this game a blast after I returned from a long journey.

I got to the 3rd or 4th level on the rocky planet, but this is probably as far as I can get? These spontanous gravitic eruptions are really challanging in combination with reverse gravity pull ? 

Thanks, keep going - you'll get there :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, phoboz said:

Some gravity switches are harder than others. On some, I learned to use to advantage by getting through narrow area while gravity was normal, then using the reversal to float where I need to go without using fuel to get there. Those were definitely most frustrating levels for me.

• Like 1