IGNORED

Sea Dragon - poss INTV game?

ZillaRUSH

As the pandemic never ends...most of us our building our game libraries and trying new games.  I have been adding a few Atari 5200 games from AA and

Sea Dragon was one recent one.  Def fun.  A little Sequest/Scramble combo.   When playing it def feels like a poss great INTV game!  Graphics and game play are easy. 

Been having a blast playing it.   Here is the Atari 800 version same exact as the 5200.  

https://youtu.be/BFlo0ZX64DE

Edited by ZillaRUSH

The Intellivision can't do fine scrolling and display the score at the same time. That was a design issue that we had to consider with Boulder Dash. 

It looks like a more relaxed version of Scramble/Super Cobra/Cosmic Avenger with a sub theme.

The Intellivision already has two of them. I've always wanted to see Shamus and Fort Apocalypse from Synapse on the Intellivision. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZillaRUSH said:

As the pandemic never ends...most of us our building our game libraries and trying new games.  I have been adding a few Atari 5200 games from AA and

Sea Dragon was one recent one.  Def fun.  A little Sequest/Scramble combo.   When playing it def feels like a poss great INTV game!  Graphics and game play are easy. 

Been having a blast playing it.   Here is the Atari 800 version same exact as the 5200.  

https://youtu.be/BFlo0ZX64DE

Should be do-able.  Use 1 MOBs for AIR, and the score can be shown between death or use couple MOBs to show score on screen.   Majority of the objects can be backtab. 

8 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I've always wanted to see Shamus and Fort Apocalypse from Synapse on the Intellivision. 

Ah yes, Fort Apocalypse.  Reminds me of the Usenet days.  On one C64 newsgroup, somebody was describing that game and was trying to remember the name of it.  So many people continued to answer the question after it had already been answered, that a running joke got started where "Fort Apocalypse" was the answer to every question on the newsgroup thereafter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since everyone seems to love acronyms these days (and assumes everyone else knows what they mean because they do), at first I was trying to figure out what “poss” meant, since you used it in the subject..

“Power Of Submarine Sims”?
“Positivity Over Silly Sarcasm”?
“People Often Speak Spanish”?
“Paper Otters Swim Soggy”?

Then the first few sips of coffee got into me, and I realized you just couldn’t be bothered to type the entire word “possible” when creating your new post. [emoji6]

Anyway... Played a ton of this back in the day on my Atari 8-bit computer. Very challenging game. An Intellivision version would be fant!

•Sent from my Intellivision keypad phone

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My Atari 130xe sits beside my Intellivision.  Just turned it on and played some Sea Dragon(gotta love SIO2SD).  Navigating those caves may actually be easier with the 16 directions of the Intellivision controller.

Strange, I remember playing this game as a kid but I don't seem to have it in my cassette collection.  Must have borrowed it from a friend.

12 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

The Intellivision can't do fine scrolling and display the score at the same time. That was a design issue that we had to consider with Boulder Dash. 

It looks like a more relaxed version of Scramble/Super Cobra/Cosmic Avenger with a sub theme.

The Intellivision already has two of them. I've always wanted to see Shamus and Fort Apocalypse from Synapse on the Intellivision. 

The Intellivision may not be setup well for it, but it can be done with legit hsync sliding strips (not just dynamic tiles).

• Like 2

Rev can release it and call it Sea Venture II, Sea Scramble, Sea Avenger, Sea Cobra, Sea C*#t...whatever floats his U-Boat.

...it is challenging.  Im addicted, playing it again tonite!

Paul..."poss" might mean possible..or could mean... "Please Order Sharp Shot" for Rick.  Heard he needs more copies!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah. Sometimes that can be explained by a game being withdrawn due to copyright reasons (Crazy Pucker, Crazy Chewy, Crazy Moonie before they finally reverted the gameplay as Crazy Chicky which was enough to not upset Namco/Atari or whoever) but I don't think Williams or whoever might sue them for infringement of Defender really did that here.

6 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

The Intellivision may not be setup well for it, but it can be done with legit hsync sliding strips (not just dynamic tiles).

Uh ... that's actually all dynamic card cycling.  There is no access to HSYNC interrupts on the Intellivison, only VBLANK.

dZ.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 3:34 PM, DZ-Jay said:

Uh ... that's actually all dynamic card cycling.  There is no access to HSYNC interrupts on the Intellivison, only VBLANK.

dZ.

I guess I misinterpreted the interview I read or listened to a long time ago. Before that I assumed that it must be dynamic tiles.