IGNORED

Fred Kaal's site blocked

atrax27407

Norton processed my reported dispute. Fred's site is once again accessible. Here is the message from Norton:

Dear Customer,

This is an important message from Norton Safe Web. We have recently re-evaluated the contents of ti99-geek.nl.

The website rating is successfully changed.

For details about this site report, you can go to: http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?url=ti99-geek.nl

Thank You!
Norton Safe Web

• Thanks 1

Norton continuously evaluates millions of websites daily. Most of them are done automatically, since it is impossible to do them manually, and their algorithm sometimes get the threat level wrong. This happens more often with non-US sites that have foreign language components. The most common hazard designation for individual files is a "reputation" issue. That is, the file download is new and there is not enough data to effectively evaluate it as innocuous (this happens frequently on Tursi's site with new updates of Classic99). Norton allows you to download those files anyway.

I have always had good luck at disputing the hazard rating. In those cases, Norton will go back and manually re-evaluate the web site.

Edited by atrax27407

2 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

Norton continuously evaluates millions of websites daily. Most of them are done automatically, since it is impossible to do them manually, and their algorithm sometimes get the threat level wrong. This happens more often with non-US sites that have foreign language components. The most common hazard designation for individual files is a "reputation" issue. That is, the file download is new and there is not enough data to effectively evaluate it as innocuous (this happens frequently on Tursi's site with new updates of Classic99). Norton allows you to download those files anyway.

I have always had good luck at disputing the hazard rating. In those cases, Norton will go back and manually re-evaluate the web site.

I guess Norton and the others have split back out into their own systems.  Used to be all but a few used the same web ranking back-end.  Not just software but every UTM out there, too.  Actually very comprehensive, and also allowed filtering based upon hosting country and language.

The state office uses Blue Coat, and it looks like it is using Symantec's (Norton) Web Pulse.  What ever happened to Site Advisor?