IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2020 thread

CaptainBreakout

On 12/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, carlsson said:

In other words, I got a note that my Secret Santa package has arrived so I'll pick it up later.

And now it is in my safe hands. Thanks to my X-ray vision ... err ... the customs declaration, I've already got a decent idea what's inside which is enough to quench my curiosity for a couple of weeks.

secret_santa_2020.thumb.jpg.2ee55f4e5955bb640d61b7b8c355e255.jpg

• Like 7

Short version:

Opening package live on Twitch on Monday, December 14th @ 6 PM Eastern Time !!

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/drmoocowz

Long version:

I feel I've exercised enough patience (more than last year!) and it'll officially be at 3 weeks + 2 days since the package arrived and when I open it on Dec 14th. I'm definitely more in the boat of "open it now so you can enjoy it sooner" side of the argument. I'll make sure addresses are peeled off the box before putting it on camera. I won't waste too much time and will do it right at the beginning of the stream. I would love for people to be there for it and maybe hang out after the package is opened, too. :) I'll do a "bump" as a reminder when we get closer.

For those who can't/don't want to be there, I'll post a video clip and photos after it's done.

Excited!

• Like 6

Look what arrived today!!! Most of it is going under the tree(minus the candy ?).  

It may be difficult to wait, but I am gonna give it my best. I might do the old Christmas Eve opening, sounds like a happy compromise.

Thank you Secret Santa, amazing job with the presentation and I can not wait to drive into them.

ss.thumb.jpg.a33dab5ee577fca576dcaeb1586a5962.jpg

Edited by Machine
  • Like 9

20 hours ago, carlsson said:

And now it is in my safe hands. Thanks to my X-ray vision ... err ... the customs declaration, I've already got a decent idea what's inside which is enough to quench my curiosity for a couple of weeks.

secret_santa_2020.thumb.jpg.2ee55f4e5955bb640d61b7b8c355e255.jpg

Just a quick note to thank those willing to ship internationally for this, allowing our far flung friends to participate!!!

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Dr Moocowz said:

Short version:

Opening package live on Twitch on Monday, December 14th @ 6 PM Eastern Time !!

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/drmoocowz

Long version:

I feel I've exercised enough patience (more than last year!) and it'll officially be at 3 weeks + 2 days since the package arrived and when I open it on Dec 14th. I'm definitely more in the boat of "open it now so you can enjoy it sooner" side of the argument. I'll make sure addresses are peeled off the box before putting it on camera. I won't waste too much time and will do it right at the beginning of the stream. I would love for people to be there for it and maybe hang out after the package is opened, too. :) I'll do a "bump" as a reminder when we get closer.

For those who can't/don't want to be there, I'll post a video clip and photos after it's done.

Excited!

Thanks for doing this; looking forward to it and hoping those folks who are comfortable doing videos share them as well. I will give it a try as well.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Chuck D. Head said:

Just a quick note to thank those willing to ship internationally for this, allowing our far flung friends to participate!!!

Yeah. For us in Europe, Asia or Oceania, it is almost a given that we'll have to ship internationally. So far out of my 5 years with the Secret Santa, 4 of my recipients have been located in the USA and one in Germany. Cost wise, shipping within the EU includes VAT while packages to rest of the world don't which means it is a little cheaper for me to have a SS recipient in the USA than anywhere in Europe.

EU: 1 kg = 190 SEK (22.30 USD), 2 kg = 270 SEK (31.70 USD)

Rest of the world: 1 kg = 152 SEK (17.85 USD), 2 kg = 216 SEK (25.35 USD)

I understand the rates may be even higher in other countries' postal systems so I'm not complaining, just telling how it is.

• Like 6

Well, it's not just the package that was sent to my Secret Santa that seems lost somewhere....the package for me was supposed to come today but it's also not giving any updates.  Both just say 'late and on it's way to it's next destination.'

Anyone else seeing their boxes stuck in la-la land?

The post office is REALLY bad this year!

I found that I got a package delivered at like 9am this morning from my Secret Santa, the mail does not arrive until at least 3pm.

After around 3:45 I found the package on my front step with an Atari Age on the box.

Mail is running very strange, it seems.

Make sure you go by your post office and bring your tracking number, they can often call the last place it was and figure out where it might be going.

I hope it all works out soon for you!

46 minutes ago, SoulBlazer said:

Well, it's not just the package that was sent to my Secret Santa that seems lost somewhere....the package for me was supposed to come today but it's also not giving any updates.  Both just say 'late and on it's way to it's next destination.'

Anyone else seeing their boxes stuck in la-la land?

The post office is REALLY bad this year!

I had this notification for another package the other day.  It should only be a day or two extra.  FedEx has been terrible for me (I get packages all day long at work) and UPS is not too much better.  USPS has so far been the most reliable (at least for me).  Hang in there.

The History of the Funny Cat Picture | Hang in there cat, Cats, Cat posters

• Like 2

First of all, forgive me for being incredibly late in saying anything.  Life's been a little busier than usual... well, no, that's not entirely true, I've just had more distractions than usual pulling me away from AtariAge.  Of course I could never leave completely, and so...

I want to thank chicgamer and CaptainBreakout for taking the mantle this year, and especially CaptainBreakout for making sure I didn't sleep through all the festivities!  I also want to thank my Secret Santa, because... well...

Okay, fine, I'll go first.

I had a gift-swap with some friends this evening, because tomorrow I'll be packing, and Saturday I'll be driving, bound for an extended holiday stay with the parents.  So, like last year, I decided the evening after swapping gifts was the perfect time to open one more box...

AtariAgeSecretSanta2020-1.thumb.jpg.c1a3a3698efd5fec148068046b694761.jpg

So open it I did, and inside I found...

AtariAgeSecretSanta2020-2.thumb.jpg.dbbe6fde5aa30af342ec6b17bba6286c.jpg

More boxes!  At this point it wasn't too late to be a good boy and save the Big Reveal for Christmas.  Should I?  Hmm... thinking... nah!

AtariAgeSecretSanta2020-3.thumb.jpg.cf3dbf000b6ea6e3bcf39278caf44608.jpg

Aww, dude!  A game I'd been wanting for years, a homebrew I didn't yet have, and some of my favorite candy!

AtariAgeSecretSanta2020-4.thumb.jpg.520e3938b194e46d9981dd44bab64704.jpg

And Raiden even came in its original case!  Thank you, Santa!  Thank you, very much!  I hope you have (had?) as much fun opening your box as I did mine!

In case I don't get back here soon, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a relaxing holiday season, along with safe travels or safe stays at home, wherever your plans take you.

GodBlessUsEveryOne.png.4fbd4473d564d8f942dc7391b337e763.png

Edited by FujiSkunk
  • Like 12

Regarding tracking, I believe that is mostly broken. The package I received showed up nothing on the domestic search service until suddenly a slip appeared in my mailbox. The package I sent shows on USPS with last update five days ago, then nothing. I believe it works like the Spanish inquisition. You know, you can never expect it, but suddenly it is there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's awesome, FujiSkunk! (I didn't even know Raiden was available on Lynx!)

Since apparently the giant box wasn't enough, I got a Christmas card from my Santa yesterday too! (Please thank Ides for helping me with the photos!)20201211_072020.thumb.jpg.49e0e04e503a453fb1b68349a98bd967.jpg

Now, in my household, it's always been OK to open cards right away- so....

20201211_072203.thumb.jpg.e1596f2a2fe2260185758038eb951927.jpg20201211_072227.thumb.jpg.aae79cb7ef982cb7720e0fcc0d6be532.jpg

Aww, thank you Cap'n! ? This actually solved a lil' problem for me- trying to show off your awesome handwriting without revealing mailing information! And I love the Santa!

Now I'm gonna spend today making gingerbread & wondering if 'alchemical' is a hint or not! ?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

Aww, thank you Cap'n! ?

Now I'm gonna spend today making gingerbread & wondering if 'alchemical' is a hint or not! ?

You are welcome!

I just like the word alchemical, but it usually sounds pretentious so I don't get to use it often.  I went ahead and purchased an indulgence from The Spanish Inquisition so I could write it in your Christmas card.

Good luck on the Gingerbread.  My kids and I have been reading The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett... One of the best children's book illustrators I've ever seen.

Also coincidentally I'm about to drop a chunk of money on a htf Peppermint Patty ornament holding a gingerbread man cookie that I've been eyeing for a year.

• Like 8