IGNORED

Pre-composite NTSC RF tuner lick up/ F-1 on JVC VHS

the tuner I was trying to use just suddenly stopped working and I can't find another VCR right now to start doing my twitch broadcast.  I was trying to program just channels two three and four for all the pre-composites channels that video games used, and somehow I got an F1 error.

I can't find what an F1 error means in anywhere on the internet for VCR tuner locking up.

I guess I'm going to plug it for about an hour and see if that gets rid of the memory.  If it doesn't I don't know what to do other than recycle and go find another tuner.

Luckily the tape player doesn't have to work.

Thankfully the solutions pretty easy.  All you have to do is unplug the VCR for an hour from the power source.  None of the other hookups have to be removed.  and the next time you use it plug it in and press power wait 10 seconds for it to say Auto then press power again.  All your channels come back.

Before this the only solution was to take it to the factory dealer.  Who fixes JVC VCRs in 2020?  If it wasn't for the ntsc tuner, the only reason you want to VHS is either for home movies to transfer to DVD or higher or to play media that hasn't been converted to DVD or higher media.