IGNORED

Best Atari 5200 emulator: what do you suggest?

legolas119

Altirra every time....Pretty much all of the other (few) emulators have not been updated in a long time, MAME, Altirra and A800 are the only 3 with regular updates, MAME is messy, A800 is fine but I don't like the interface and Altirra is very easy to use and works as should.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, legolas119 said:

How can I avoid this? It seems that this issue appears only loading some games...

The file loaded is going to have and extension of either BIN or ROM and, in the example's case, be exactly 32K in length.

So the emulator doesn't know what to run this with and so needs that confirmed.

Once you have done that and the cartridge image is running, use the 'File / Save firmware / Save cartridge...' menu option and then save with the 'Cartridge image with header (*.car)' extension.

This places 16 bytes at the start of the binary image which, when opened with the emulator, will run directly.

Edited by Wrathchild
missing apostrophe
  • Like 1

thank you! ok i'm using Altirra, perfect.  I have only an issue with some games like Super Cobra, Pacman and Ms Pacman, with the directions buttons. It seems that they don't work very well and I don0t understand the reason. I have configurd in this way my Logiteth rumble pad:

Immagine.png

but when i try to move pacman, it doesn't move correctly in the 4 directions: come times I'm able to move it, but after some secondis, it seems that it is locked and I can't move it... If I use the directions button on the keyboard, it works correctly

do you know how can I solve this issue?

thank you

Edited by legolas119