IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 15 - Dracula

[Intellivision HSC Season 13]

(Game 15)

Dracula

Imagic-Dracula.jpg

Dracula by Imagic 1982-83

You are Count Dracula. Rise from your resting place in the graveyard and fly into the night!

dracula.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21495/intellivision/Dracula-1982-Imagic.html

High Score Club Record

23,050 IntellivisionDude (Medium) 23,550 Biffman [current new record]

8,525 m-crew (Hard) 8,725 Rickster8 [current new record]

Game Setting

MEDIUM LEVEL

Bonus Game

HARD SETTING (+7 down)

1. 19,500 Biffman [+2 broke old record, set new record]
2. 18,625 Rickster8 [+1 broke old record]

3. 7,750 IntyFanMatt

4. 7,175 JacobZu7zu7
5. 300 fakecortex

Contest Ends
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1ST 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

MEDIUM LEVEL

1. 50,600 IntyFanMatt [+2 broke old record, set new record]
2. 34,400 Rickster8 [+1 broke old record]
3. 23,550 Biffman [+1 broke old record]
4. 9,850 jblenkle
5. 5,600 JacobZu7zu7
6. 5,000 fakecortex
7. 4,475 Player One
8. 2,725 Intelligentleman
9. 2,500 roadrunner

Rankings

1. IntyFanMatt [+203]
2. Rickster8 [+191]
3. BiffMan [+165]
4. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+145]
5. JacobZu7zu7 [+107]
6. mr_me [+106]
7. Ace24 [+79]
8. fakecortex [+70]
9. Player One [+60]
10. hoosierdadee78 [+54]
11. Intelligentleman [+48]
12. gar0u [+40]
13. popsicle [+34]
14. roadrunner [+32]
15. jblenkle [+23]
16. JasonlikesINTV [+19]
17. Mangia-boy [+18]
18. ed1475 [+11]
19. Jimmy KDawg [+7]
20. Oscar G. [+6]
21. S.BAZ [+4]
22. dpisacane [+3]
23. cmadruga [+1]

Games Won

8 IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark! / Pac-man / Worm Whomper / Pitfall / Star Strike / Beauty & The Beast

/ Dreadnaught Factor x2 / River Raid

3 BiffMan - Auto Racing / Utopia / Frog Bog x2

3 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN - Night Stalker / Pitfall / Tron Deadly Discs

3 Rickster8 - Space Armada / Auto Racing / Frog Bog 

2 mr_me - Star Strike / Bump 'N' Jump

Sneak Preview:

Skiing (Game 16)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I like the Skiing choice for next week since we never get to play that here. I haven’t played it in like 30 years though. Lol. 

I got Ricks settings, so it will be good to go... starting next week. Cool season officially here in the games and outside.

Not as obvious for Matt and myself. ;) 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I like the Skiing choice for next week since we never get to play that here. I haven’t played it in like 30 years though. Lol. 

Excellent game and another great choice by Jacob!  Another that's fun to play but will drive you nuts trying to get the perfect run... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anybody know why this game sometimes just seems to randomly end? It's happened to me a few times, happened to Matt and some others on videos I have watched. The sky will go pink and then a split second later the game just ends??? I doesn't seem to be from needed blood... Is it a game glitch ya think??? ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Daytime death? It's been 30 years, but I recall you have to get back to your coffin before sunrise or something. 

Yeah but this is like wicked fast. The sky just turns pink and then poof the game is over.... ?

I'm wondering if there is a certain number of times the constable can hit you with his wooden stake per round or something?

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah but this is like wicked fast. The sky just turns pick and then poof the game is over.... ?

I'm wondering if there is a certain number of times the constable can hit you with his wooden stake per round or something?

Thought stakes just slowed you down or stunned you.  Guess I need to play again.  Did the clock say it was almost morning when the sky went pink?  I seem to remember you had to head back before it got too close to make sure you had time to get back.  

Edit - Sky goes pink at 5am, you die at 6am, so I would not wait around for the sky to go pink.  Check status to make to see time and make sure it isn't getting too close to sunrise.

Edited by BiffMan
Timing on sunrise
  • Like 1

10,150 - Medium

Our 12 night long reign of terror finally came to an end this morning when the mystery assailant vanished in a puff of dust at sunrise.  Despite the obvious risk and constant warnings from the local constulabury, people continued to go on their early morning jogs as if everything was normal.  Several residents noted the number of people out was increasing each subsequent evening, despite the accelerating body count.  "I mean seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?? Just #stayinside you morons!" noted local resident, Michael Rotch.

The identity of the suspect remains unknown at this time and forensic analysis of the dust pile has thus far proved inconclusive.  Several witnesses noted the homicidal maniac in question bore more than a passing resemblance to classic portrayals of Dracula, but 16 year old Ben Dover thought that unlikely. "Aren't vampires supposed to be all agile and shit?  That dude could barely walk straight and I swear he chased Grandpa for a good 90 minutes before he finally got a solid bite in."

20201019_152540.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah but this is like wicked fast. The sky just turns pink and then poof the game is over.... ?

What Biff said.  You die at 6am.  Track your time continually.  Once it gets pink, you better get back to the cemetery fast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

10,150 - Medium

Our 12 night long reign of terror finally came to an end this morning when the mystery assailant vanished in a puff of dust at sunrise.  Despite the obvious risk and constant warnings from the local constulabury, people continued to go on their early morning jogs as if everything was normal.  Several residents noted the number of people out was increasing each subsequent evening, despite the accelerating body count.  "I mean seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?? Just #stayinside you morons!" noted local resident, Michael Rotch.

The identity of the suspect remains unknown at this time and forensic analysis of the dust pile has thus far proved inconclusive.  Several witnesses noted the homicidal maniac in question bore more than a passing resemblance to classic portrayals of Dracula, but 16 year old Ben Dover thought that unlikely. "Aren't vampires supposed to be all agile and shit?  That dude could barely walk straight and I swear he chased Grandpa for a good 90 minutes before he finally got a solid bite in."

Hilarious!!  Dude, you could be writer!  Wait, maybe you are one in real life?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

I agree, too, but sometimes it seems like the sky can stay pink for a good while... Makes me wonder if there isn't some other variable at play here...

That’s what I mean the time is way too inconsistent. Sometimes the sky is pink for like a minute and then on times when Dracula dies it is almost instantaneous so I agree something else to me is at play here. Maybe just a gaming glitch.... 

15 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

That’s what I mean the time is way too inconsistent. Sometimes the sky is pink for like a minute and then on times when Dracula dies it is almost instantaneous so I agree something else to me is at play here. Maybe just a gaming glitch.... 

These programmers were smart and dedicated. Not saying it isn't a glitch, just that scientific measurements could be taken to shed light

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Be honest... 2725 is a pretty terrible score, right? I just noticed that BiffMan got over 10k in his run. I just got this game late last week and have never played it prior to that.

Make sure to get back to bed each night.  Stick in the area near the graveyard (no more than 1-2 screens away) starting at 4am and head straight there as soon as the sky changes. Do NOT chase that one last dude when 5am rolls around. That's called 'ending your game' ?

Other than that, you can make pretty frequent use of bat form in the first few days to swoop down on runners. From 7 days onward, think of bat form as more of a 1sec turbo boost, do not stay in it long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2