IGNORED

Danger Zone [DONE]

Muddyfunster

4 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

@-^CrossBow^-Hmm...this could be another use for the PlusCart. If each of us had one and the ROM were set up to work with PlusCart, we could actually play against one another, while testing. How cool would that be!?

afaik Pluscart is made for 2600 games.....

well if someone could make a port for the 7800???

The final hit co-ordinate data for the Typhoon is done. If I'd know how bloody tedious this was going to be, pre-calculating the hit data offsets before hand into tables, I'd probably have not bothered :D

Anyway that's all the new hit code in and working for all three aircraft with 46 bytes to spare.

So I think that's Release Candidate ready.

image.thumb.png.d1048d341b2f9760f8f4cfe7b9692fc3.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing the EXCLUSIVE FINAL RELEASE VERSION of Danger Zone on tomorrow's (Fri Nov 13) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

562654497_20201113-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.ce7bcd85afa111ba1f311a95d7735c21.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Danger Zone is complete (woohoo!?).

I'll be posting up a demo in the next day or with both PAL and NTSC versions.

Currently the only minor issue some fine tuning on the PAL version of the POKEY title tune, but the game and everything else is complete. Only changes would be to fix any bugs that might pop up.

I would just like to add a big thanks to @Trebor, @sramirez2008 & @-^CrossBow^- for testing and helping to find all the little bugs and issues as well as suggesting gameplay tweaks and adjustments. Thanks also to @ZeroPage Homebrew for also finding a few new bugs "features"  (live on air!) and for featuring Danger Zone on the ZPH stream.

Cheers :) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Danger Zone is complete (woohoo!?).

I'll be posting up a demo in the next day or with both PAL and NTSC versions.

Currently the only minor issue some fine tuning on the PAL version of the POKEY title tune, but the game and everything else is complete. Only changes would be to fix any bugs that might pop up.

I would just like to add a big thanks to @Trebor, @sramirez2008 & @-^CrossBow^- for testing and helping to find all the little bugs and issues as well as suggesting gameplay tweaks and adjustments. Thanks also to @ZeroPage Homebrew for also finding a few new bugs "features"  (live on air!) and for featuring Danger Zone on the ZPH stream.

Cheers :) 

My pleasure!  Thank *you* for making and sharing such an awesome game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, SlidellMan said:

One project complete, another to focus on. That being E.X.O.

Danger Zone will hopefully be in the store come March/April time, E.X.O is progressing nicely and I'm actually targeting Summer for a release..

I do like to keep myself distracted with other bits and pieces. Working flat out on one project, especially a big one like E.X.O. would fry my brain to be honest :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just played this for the first time last night on my new Dragonfly.

Amazing!

I must admit it was a trigger event for me.  That intro sent me into a trance I haven't had since playing Top Gun on the NES Christmas morning 1987(?).  :)

Could someone upload the intro screen to Youtube or provide a download file of the music?  Unfortunately, this trance just had me spend the last ten minutes watching this video.  

Thank you for this game, it is a lot of fun, and the music just really throws me into full nostalgia mode.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattelAquarius said:

Just played this for the first time last night on my new Dragonfly.

Amazing!

I must admit it was a trigger event for me.  That intro sent me into a trance I haven't had since playing Top Gun on the NES Christmas morning 1987(?).  :)

Could someone upload the intro screen to Youtube or provide a download file of the music?  Unfortunately, this trance just had me spend the last ten minutes watching this video.  

Thank you for this game, it is a lot of fun, and the music just really throws me into full nostalgia mode.

Full credit for the musical accompaniment goes to @Synthpopalooza. The community is lucky to have folks like Bobby and others who are musically gifted, to collaborate with on our projects.

(my personal efforts at creating music are probably illegal in some countries due to the suffering they cause the listener).

• Like 3