IGNORED

Help finding a nice box for sears super video arcade!

stupus

Hi all!

After searching forever for a nice box for the sears super video arcade with no luck i figured just asking everybody here directly might be my best shot left.

Its the item i most feel is missing from my intellivision collection.

I have a box and its really poor shape.

So if anyone has 1 in nice shape they want to sell please let me know!!!!

I really just need the box and whatever packing it had inside....does anybody even know what it had? Styrofoam or cardboard...i cant recall ever seeing what holds it in place in the box.

If you have a complete one thats great too...or a partially complete one as long as it includes a nice box or inner packing parts.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :)

mark

Yeah, its too bad it has the 2 holes cut in it. Otherwise it was a nice box. I was watching it but the holes were too bad for me and it didnt appear to have the packing pieces either.

If it didnt have the holes though i definitely would have bid...

I wish somebody could verify what the packing pieces look like...

It must have had something holding it in the box....but i cant recall ever seeing 1 with them. And since the box is bigger than other intellivision models it must have had some unique pieces holding it inside.

Thanks!

All i see is 1 small sheet of bubble wrap in that listing....that cant really be all that sears included as packing in that big box....can it?

I have seen similar cuts made in other sears boxes, i believe my current shabby 1 has this too. I wonder too why people did this...i dont recall seeing it on other intellivision models. There must have been something in the sears registration process with this?

That was the best looking Sears box I've seen on eBay in a very long time, but again, I passed as well because of the cuts in the box and no way to tell if the box serial number matched the unit.  It sold for a decent price at $167, but would have gone for a lot higher had the box not been cut.

I think the numbers are cut out of the boxes for the maintenance contracts Sears used to sell.   I worked for Sears back in the late 80's and owners had to give us the UPC codes as well as the model and serial numbers to enter into the contracts they purchased as proof.

If I had to make a guess, I would say that would be the reason why you see so many cuts in that some spot.  Unless there was some other promotional thing at the store they bought it at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I searched Google and YouTube for pics of the retention packing for the Sears SVA, but couldn't find any.  I'll check mine this weekend and try to upload some pics  I can't remember how complete it is, though.

Thanks Jason please do!

I am perplexed why no sears packing seems to exist! 

Well, I pulled mine out but neither still has its packing.  I just have some bubble wrap filling the extra space.  Interestingly, both boxes have had the UL mark and the adjacent 49 75022 number removed.  That 49 75022 number is printed in multiple places on the box, so I wonder what was special about the UL mark...or if it's just a coincidence both of my boxes had the exact same section removed.  Maybe it's consistent because it was done by a Sears employee at time of purchase ? I'm guessing it was for a rebate or warranty.  I suppose someone else with a more complete Sears console will have to answer the styrofoam/packing question.  Anywho, here are some pics.

IMG_20201101_213830.thumb.jpg.a314e58249ec633de95bf25e4fdcf9d7.jpgIMG_20201101_213238.thumb.jpg.54a262d6b93d82f708c3c98ba64cbca1.jpgIMG_20201101_212954.thumb.jpg.d605e66431b5fb64d148ff45e76ff9bc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing Jason!

There certainly must be some thing with all these getting parts cut off. Must have been warranty or promotion....its kind of too bad now so many got damaged.

After talking with Hank he said the original intellivision release from taiwan had the same size box as the sears.....i never knew this!!!

So we are guessing they maybe used the same foams! But sadly none of his had the foams and i didnt even know about the taiwan variant so i dont have that either to look at.

So still on the hunt for info on what held these dang things in place! :) it must have been something!

Anyone...anyone?

2 hours ago, stupus said:

Thanks for sharing Jason!

There certainly must be some thing with all these getting parts cut off. Must have been warranty or promotion....its kind of too bad now so many got damaged.

After talking with Hank he said the original intellivision release from taiwan had the same size box as the sears.....i never knew this!!!

So we are guessing they maybe used the same foams! But sadly none of his had the foams and i didnt even know about the taiwan variant so i dont have that either to look at.

So still on the hunt for info on what held these dang things in place! :) it must have been something!

Anyone...anyone?

I'm pretty sure Jason has a boxed Taiwan system(s). Hope it has the foam inserts is in one of them. If there is, pics please.

• Like 1

If its the very big box early release thats totally a different box size. I think those had cardboard inside?

But the taiwan one might be the same. The controller placement is different on the sears but the console is basically the same shape....but no way to know as nobody seems to have inserts for either one! Crazyness!

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

If the bubble wrap looks like the one in the ebay listing linked above or the one posted at the link below, it's probably the original packing.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/310360-which-model-intellivision-should-i-get/?do=findComment&comment=4619013

Im beginning to think you may be right and that sixersfan did indeed maybe have 1 of the only specimens with the original packing untouched and included.

Until i see evidence of foams or cardboard that went with it i think maybe it was that large bubble wrap. As much as it seems strange they would do that it would certainly explain why nobody has the original packing pieces to show :(

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I have the box that doesn't show the detachable controllers. It is not missing the UPC code, and the console is in bubble-wrap.

Interesting! I am truly thinking now thats how it must have come.

I am guessing that box version is probably also the 2nd version. Little things seem like corrections to the other. Telegames is more visible on the console, you can see the controllers detach which is a great selling point and the console appears more true to the colors it really is.

4 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

FWIW, mine definitely don't have original bubble wrap.

Both your 2 box versions are the same size, right? They look to be in the pics.

9 hours ago, Intymike said:

It's probably about the sticker in this corner?

And I never noticed that there are two different SVA boxes.

IMG_9731.thumb.jpeg.a6388f7ffa1a85436af2df8df8c78ad0.jpeg

btw. I don't have original inlays either. Both boxes are filled up with bubble wrap.

How in the world did I not notice this before? You can see Jason's are different too. Thankfully I have both styles. Lol

• Like 1