IGNORED

The official Rick Dynamite order thread - 2020 release

Rev

56 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ahh ok. So 4 levels, thanks!

Can’t wait to play it. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday but sadly didn’t, so I’m a bit anxious.

Its probably a good sign that its  late.

That means the USPS loved the game!?

I figure with your proven ability in all the HSC games,you will do very well at this one.

It definitely requires skill and patience.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Its probably a good sign that its  late.

That means the USPS loved the game!?

I figure with your proven ability in all the HSC games,you will do very well at this one.

It definitely requires skill and patience.

Do you like the game so far?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Playing this game tonight and having a blast. Here’s my quick review. It’s challenging but very fair. You’ll certainly die a lot but you learn each time that you die, which makes it more fun as you progress further and further with each restart. It’s awesome to shoot the enemies and grab treasure, and it feels like a lost Indiana Jones game that should have been released for the system back in the day. The only thing that can be tricky is having to press “up” to jump. I find that every now and then I’ll accidentally jump just because I’m trying to move left or right, and that can cause me to die. It’s very touchy. I would’ve preferred the jump button to be one of the side buttons, along with the gun, and then move the dynamite button to one of the keypad buttons. But that’s just me. I’ll continue to enjoy this and hope you guys do too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Playing this game tonight and having a blast. Here’s my quick review. It’s challenging but very fair. You’ll certainly die a lot but you learn each time that you die, which makes it more fun as you progress further and further with each restart. It’s awesome to shoot the enemies and grab treasure, and it feels like a lost Indiana Jones game that should have been released for the system back in the day. The only thing that can be tricky is having to press “up” to jump. I find that every now and then I’ll accidentally jump just because I’m trying to move left or right, and that can cause me to die. It’s very touchy. I would’ve preferred the jump button to be one of the side buttons, along with the gun, and then move the dynamite button to one of the keypad buttons. But that’s just me. I’ll continue to enjoy this and hope you guys do too!

Great review!?

I am finally getting further on the first level,I figure I must be near the end of it.

Did you make it through yet?

It's a very well made game,and fun.

I am probably not going to make it all the way through the game.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Great review!?

I am finally getting further on the first level,I figure I must be near the end of it.

Did you make it through yet?

It's a very well made game,and fun.

I am probably not going to make it all the way through the game.

I tried numerous times but the first level seems pretty long. When I thought I was near the end, it turns out that I wasn’t. Honestly, pressing up to jump is really bothering me. I wish he would’ve programmed the jump button to one of the side buttons, and to me they would’ve been much more intuitive. I’m fighting the controls a bit because of that and it’s caused me to die in a few spots. Plus some jumps are a bit difficult because there is a ledge above you that blocks you sometimes, and there are a few cheap deaths that happen with traps outa nowhere. But, as you and I say, you learn from it and try to master it with the next go around. I figure I’ll get to the end of the first level in the next day or so. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Finished the first level tonight with the Intellivoice attached, but there has not been one voice in the game yet. I’m confused as to why the manual would say to use the Intellivoice, but there are no voices at all the first level?! Seems strange to me. Also, I haven’t had to use the stick yet, which is surprising too. Still a fun game, by why go a whole level without these things?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

23 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Finished the first level tonight with the Intellivoice attached, but there has not been one voice in the game yet. I’m confused as to why the manual would say to use the Intellivoice, but there are no voices at all the first level?! Seems strange to me. Also, I haven’t had to use the stick yet, which is surprising too. Still a fun game, by why go a whole level without these things?

As the introduction page says: “Use your Intellivoice to hear enhanced sound effects during the game!” If you do an A/B comparison, you should notice the difference. It’s sort of like some games having enhanced music when an ECS is connected. 

Edited by mthompson

19 minutes ago, mthompson said:

As the introduction page says: “Use your Intellivoice to hear enhanced sound effects during the game!” If you do an A/B comparison, you should notice the difference. It’s sort of like some games having enhanced music when an ECS is connected. 

No, the sound effects are exactly the same with or without the Intellivoice. I’ve played it a ton already and there is no difference, at least on the first level. 

10 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

No, the sound effects are exactly the same with or without the Intellivoice. I’ve played it a ton already and there is no difference, at least on the first level. 

From my Sunday posting: "You are probably don’t like the situations when the Intellivoice is in action."

10 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

When the player dies, the Intellivoice adds a whiny sounding yell.  I don't know if there are other enhancements via the Intellivoice, but I know that one is there.

It sounds just like the famous Wilhelm Scream sound effect, used in more than 400 movies, and in this game you'll hear it a lot!