IGNORED

Arcade1up & AtGames Digital Pinball Tables Coming Out this holiday season.

Two companies already in the home arcade space, Atgames and Arcade1up are both entering the digital pinball field. Both trying to get it out before Christmas, they're offering very different ways to bring the pinball experience home.

Arcade1up Pinball

Three Variations

Marvel:

Marvel Pinball

Table List: Spider-Man, Civil War, Wolverine, X-Men, Thor, Marvel's Women of Power- A-Force, Ghost Rider, Venom, Fantastic Four, and Fear Itself

Star Wars:

Star Wars™ Pinball

Table List: Boba Fett, A New Hope, Ahch-To Island, Battle of Mimban, Darth Vadar, Masters of the Force, Star Wars: Rebels, Han Solo, The Force Awakens, and The Empire Strikes Back

Attack From Mars/Williams:

Attack from Mars Pinball

Table list:  

Attack from Mars, Fish Tales, The Getaway: High Speed II, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness, White Water, Red & Ted's Roadshow, Hurricane, Tales of the Arabian Nights, and No Good Gofers

Features:

-24 inch 720p screen, 60 fps gameplay

-Haptic Feedback with 4 Solenoids

-Accelerometer for nudging and tilting

-Backlit backglass

-8” color LCD animated score screen

-Dimensions: 37.4” x 21.6” x 22.64”

-Weight: 90.39 lbs

All of them $550

AtGames Legends Pinball

Pinball.jpg

Table List:

Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour, Big Shot Arcade, Black Hole, Bone Busters Inc., Cactus Jack’s Arcade, Centigrade 37, Central Park, Class Of 1812, Cue Ball Wizard, El Dorado: City Of Gold, Genie, Gladiators, Goin’ Nuts, Haunted House, Jacks Open, Lights... Camera... Action!, Pistol Poker, Rescue 911, Tee’d Off, TX Sector, Victory, and Wipeout

Features:

-32 inch high-definition LCD playfield 1080p, 60fps

-15.6 inch LCD backglass

-Tactile Feedback

-Accelerometer for tilting and nudging

-High-performance USB, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth support

-ArcadeNet provides instant play of a growing selection of games, online play, and high-score leaderboards

-Bring Your Own Game lets you play your digital PC games with the Legends Arcade Family Platform’s unique controls

-Product Size: 64 x 42 x 19 inches

$600

Both have a lot of potential, excited to see people get their hands on these. 

Edited by Balloon_Jouster
  • Like 3

That williams one is tempting, never been a fan of gottlieb tables so the other I'd pass on.  That's a good spread on the arcade1up choice too and not a bad size to the table.  If I ever got another pinball, given all the maintenance and tuning involved I got fed up with, that would be the way to go.

• Like 2

Recent demonstration of Arcade1up's pinball that shows off the plunger, haptic feedback and the accelerometer:

Here's one that has some really good gameplay footage, but it's from NY Toy Fair back in March so it is outdated (most notably no plunger and a different aspect ratio for the DMD on this prototype):

Overview of the AtGames Pinball:

• Like 2

Is AtGames pinball screen recessed or is it flush with the glass?

I like the Arcade1up better, because the screen is lower inside the cabinet.

I was playing arcade LCD pinball in one of the arcades in Las Vegas, and the pinball screen was flush with glass. Playing like that felt different, and I did not enjoyed it as much. Something was off. 

I would like to try them in person before spending the money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amiman99 said:

Is AtGames pinball screen recessed or is it flush with the glass?

I like the Arcade1up better, because the screen is lower inside the cabinet.

I was playing arcade LCD pinball in one of the arcades in Las Vegas, and the pinball screen was flush with glass. Playing like that felt different, and I did not enjoyed it as much. Something was off. 

I would like to try them in person before spending the money.

Atgame's playfield position reminds me of old EMs:

See the source image

Kinda fitting for a few of the Gottlieb tables on here, but I don't think it's the right approach for a "jack of trades" digital pin. like this.

I assume the A1U tables you cannot add additional tables to it?  Thats the nice thinkg about the Atgames one.  A1U def seems to have gotten the bigger and more popular tables though which means Atgames prob would be able to get them.

I want Black Knight/Black Knight 2000!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goochman said:

I assume the A1U tables you cannot add additional tables to it?  Thats the nice thinkg about the Atgames one.  A1U def seems to have gotten the bigger and more popular tables though which means Atgames prob would be able to get them.

I hope you can swap board from other pinballs, that way you can have more tables.

I'm doing that with my Arcade1up cabinet. I get a PCB and Control and swap them once in awhile.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, amiman99 said:

I get them on Ebay, around $30, or as a set with controls for $80. Mostly from people who mod their cabinets.

Oh, I see. That's cool! But it also looks like Arcade1up is going to start selling PCBs directly... they have a page for them now, but it looks like they all say "Notify Me" rather than being available right now. Ebay is probably the way to go to get the better price, but it's cool that A1up is also going to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoyous said:

Oh, I see. That's cool! But it also looks like Arcade1up is going to start selling PCBs directly... they have a page for them now, but it looks like they all say "Notify Me" rather than being available right now. Ebay is probably the way to go to get the better price, but it's cool that A1up is also going to do that.

This mostly means that they sold out. At the beginning they had some for sale, but then became Notify Me.

Ebay is the way to go. Do a search for "Arcade1up PCB" and save the search, then you can be notified everyday of new listings. If you are looking for something specific, then add name of the game. I got good deals that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, amiman99 said:

This mostly means that they sold out. At the beginning they had some for sale, but then became Notify Me.

Ebay is the way to go. Do a search for "Arcade1up PCB" and save the search, then you can be notified everyday of new listings. If you are looking for something specific, then add name of the game. I got good deals that way.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Balloon_Jouster said:

AtGames pinball just got a redesign, most notably now it has a faux coin door:

Coin door looks much better than the row of buttons and I like how much thicker the body is. I'm not a fan of the red plunger.

Looks better! I'm interested to find out what options there are for the backglass display, because that tiny image in the above picture doesn't look so hot. I'd like to see an option where the backglass art fills the display and the DMD is overlaid on it near the bottom. The red plunger handle should be easy to replace if you want.

The positioning of the USB and HDMI ports is questionable to me. I'd rather they be underneath. I know it's not as convenient, but I think it will look messy with a thick HDMI cable and/or USB drives sticking up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

19 hours ago, Balloon_Jouster said:

Reservations for preordering the Legends Pinball are up:

Legends Pinball (HA8819) [Reservation] – AtGames E-Store

Did you reserve one? I'm going to wait and see what experiences people are having with this first wave. They haven't shown any footage of these machines in action. It's a lot of money and it's a really heavy package to ship for a company that, until recently, only dealt with items that were a few pounds each. I've waited a long time for affordable virtual pinball... I can wait a while longer.

3 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Did you reserve one? I'm going to wait and see what experiences people are having with this first wave. They haven't shown any footage of these machines in action. It's a lot of money and it's a really heavy package to ship for a company that, until recently, only dealt with items that were a few pounds each. I've waited a long time for affordable virtual pinball... I can wait a while longer.

I'm waiting for some impressions too, especially on how the additional Farsight and Zaccaria tables that run natively (but aren't preloaded) are implemented.  $100 shipping price also doesn't help. If reviews are positive, I'd be interested in buying it once it goes to retail (assuming they don't give late adaptors a worse product like the Atgames Legends 1.1).