IGNORED

My First Intellivision at 54 Years Old - Not 1 Not 2 But 3

AtariSociety

And a follow up video... my 1st play!

My 1st Play of my Intellivision at 54!
Get ready... you need a good laugh?
Need to turn that frown upside down?
Then come watch me play video games like no other. No really... not lying. hahaha
Actualy game play starts at around 14 minutes... I think. lots of jibber-jabber about my 1st Intellivision up to then.. but comical still.

TJ
Edited by AtariSociety
  • Like 6

I like your TV for sure!  I haven't come across a working one from that era yet... someday.

Good to see you finally got into the Intellivision.  I like your "Heavy Sixer" as they are known, I own the Sears Tele-Games version of the same unit.  You picked a nice set there to start with.  Hope you enjoy owning it.

What was wrong with the first unit you bought?  Did you ever fix it?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I like your TV for sure!  I haven't come across a working one from that era yet... someday.

Good to see you finally got into the Intellivision.  I like your "Heavy Sixer" as they are known, I own the Sears Tele-Games version of the same unit.  You picked a nice set there to start with.  Hope you enjoy owning it.

What was wrong with the first unit you bought?  Did you ever fix it?

Black screen only.  I did buy a new power board and motherboard for the 2609 so will fix it.. but wanted some instant gratification 1st to play some games.. so Int II is the chosen one for now until I have time to repair.  Well I also have the Int III so will use that next.  Video seems a tad off on the Int III and not as nice as the 2 so will have to explore that.

TJ

2 hours ago, AtariSociety said:

And a follow up video... my 1st play!

My 1st Play of my Intellivision at 54!
Get ready... you need a good laugh?
Need to turn that frown upside down?
Then come watch me play video games like no other. No really... not lying. hahaha
Actualy game play starts at around 14 minutes... I think. lots of jibber-jabber about my 1st Intellivision up to then.. but comical still.

TJ

I see Skiing,great choice if you want to instantly fall in  love with the Intellivision!!!?

Throw in Advanced Dungeons and Dragons next!?

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.
  • Like 5

On 11/5/2020 at 11:23 AM, AtariSociety said:

Pretty dang spank'n excited... at 54 Years Old... yeh not 54 Years young (lol) I finally own my 1st Intellivision!

Exploring Intellivision before Spring 2021 when my Amico lands. So pumped!!

Hope you enjoy!

TJ

Loved the video and the vibe you give off. I subscribed right away and look forward to more. Also if I were a younger man I would take a shot every time you said “Foam!” and have a memorable evening. These days it’d probably kill me though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Loved the video and the vibe you give off. I subscribed right away and look forward to more. Also if I were a younger man I would take a shot every time you said “Foam!” and have a memorable evening. These days it’d probably kill me though.

I do that with Hallmark Christmas Movies... Every time they say Hot Chocolate... I take a shot of Whiskey... I am a Fly Fisherman so I handle Whiskey quite well... ;-)

TJ

* by the way... I may do a video on just the foam.  haha

8 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Nice video, TJ. Have you compared/contrasted the Intellivision II with the INTV System III? That could be a neat video to do. Also, I heard you reference an RF switchbox in your video. I'm in the market for one. Where did you get yours/what brand is it, etc? Cheers. 

I did a quick boot of the Intv III and the video was not as nice as the 2.  It seemed to have a "wave" in it.  I guess further play will have to happen.

Here is a video I did on my RF Switcher.  

https://youtu.be/VnDbO9G-7GU

Here is a link to the one I purchased.  They appear out of stock at the moment.

http://amazon.com/gp/product/B0197057HO

Hope this helps.  

Thanks

TJ

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Zendocon said:

"I see the System III box has "better graphics" advertised on the front.  Maybe it has the expanded GRAM that the later systems had?"

By mid-1983 the planned Mattel Intellivision III was killed, done in by delays and should not be confused with the INTV System III, which was simply INTV Corporation's re-release of the original Intellivision Master Component with minor cosmetic differences. The "Better Graphics" on the box is simply a marketing ploy referencing back to the original "Intellivision has better graphics than the Atari 2600" George Plimpton ploy.

Edited by cedropoole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cedropoole said:

By mid-1983 the planned Mattel Intellivision III was killed, done in by the delays and should not be confused with the INTV System III, which was simply INTV Corporation's re-release of the original Intellivision Master Component with minor cosmetic differences. The "Better Graphics" on the box is simply a marketing ploy referencing back to the original "Intellivision has better graphics than the Atari 2600" George Plimpton ploy.

Okay.  The later consoles like the World Book Tutorvision and INTV Super Pro System did have extra GRAM, which should have been a 1983 innovation.  I was just wondering whether those were "better graphics" than the earlier consoles.  I guess not.