IGNORED

Sega Saturn CD-R Cartridge

I recently learned about this Saturn cartridge from Aliexpress that enables one to run CD-R copied isos on an unmodded system:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000109181327.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.492d5395eNio7F&algo_pvid=21f045b7-555d-4b92-8b7e-06ed192ad788&algo_expid=21f045b7-555d-4b92-8b7e-06ed192ad788-4&btsid=2100bdec16045839050795838e059a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

This suits me a lot better than an SD card-based CD-ROM drive emulator as I have an decent collection of Saturn originals that I'd like to continue using.  I also don't want to go into the system to add a mod.  The cart claims to do everything the Action Replay does as well so it seems like the way to go.

The only thing holding me back is somewhat mixed results with cheap Chinese products from AliExpress.  I can't praise the GB Boy Colour enough but I've had a few Famiclone multi-carts from them that are very error-prone.  Anyone here able to vouch for the quality of this device or know of any better quality ones?

The only other thing I'm unsure about is whether I'm able to use any old CD-burning software to create a Saturn-compatible CD-R or if it requires special software.  If so, is it available on Linux?

Edited by English Invader

I've got a psuedo saturn cart similar to this, any data burning software should be fine. I usually just use one of the annoying ones for free with ads for Windows.

Note that the software on it is compatible with most games, but not all. I've found dragon force 2 translation never works, and a couple of games like disc world doesn't either.