IGNORED

Atari800MacX 5.4.0 Released - Ultimate1MB and SIDE2

atarimac

All,

I've released an update version of Atari800MacX support (http://atarimac.com and https://github.com/atarimacosx/Atari800MacX ).

New Features/Bug Fixes (in version 5.4.0):
* Added emulation of Ultimate1mb upgrade
* Added emulation of SIDE2 cartridge
* Added emulation of XEGS
* Added emulation of 1200XL
* Added Hard Drive image creation to support SIDE2 emulation.
* Added Atari Caps Lock indicator LED option
* Added Hard Disk sector indicator LED
* Added option to enter Preferences dialog from Fatal Error dialog box.
* Added F10 as a keyboard shortcut for the Help key in addition to option-F10 and Page Down to support Ultimate1mb menu hotkey.
* Added F12 as a keyboard shortcut for screenshot in addition to F13 to better support Mac keyboards without F13.
Bugs Fixed:
* Fixed keyboard repeat issue which was introducted in 5.0
* Fixed issue with erroneous debugger display issue which was introduced in 5.3.
* Fixed issue with editing of SpartaDOS ATR images with 512 byte sectors.
* Fixed issue with Sector Editing of ATR images with 512 byte sectors.
* Fixed issues with Breakpoint Edtior causing emulator to crash
* Fixed dark mode issues with Graphical Debugger
* Fixed issue wih Cmd-K shortcut not working

I plan on posting a YouTube video later in the week to go through the new Ultimate1mb and SIDE2 emulations, as they are complicated for new users.  For now, the built in help pages have been updated for the new features.

Lots of thanks to flashjazzcat for his help and advice.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

What OS version are you running?  I don't think any of the Beta testers nor myself have seen this.  Is it repeatable?

To find out Keymappings, the best place is the built-in help (Help menu, Atari800MacX Help), and select the Keyboard topic.  

Clear is Home or Option-F7

9 hours ago, atarimac said:

What OS version are you running?  I don't think any of the Beta testers nor myself have seen this.  Is it repeatable?

To find out Keymappings, the best place is the built-in help (Help menu, Atari800MacX Help), and select the Keyboard topic.  

Clear is Home or Option-F7

Thanks for where to find the keys, I did open the Help menu and tried typing to search but didn't find anything. I also found the "key" on the Touch Bar worked the second time I tried (it just displayed a character the first time - I was playing with the Action! editor at the time). I'm not sure how the messed up preferences happened, I had to force quit the app and when I tried again it was ok. I will keep an eye out.

On the searching of help, it looks like I had forgotten about a needed step before release, that is to index the help pages.  And that process changed from the old days years ago when I last did the 4.x releases, to the 5.x releases now.

I'll make sure and do that in the 5.5 release.