IGNORED

Wanted: 5200 Av and power

lwizardl

I have an Atari 5200 system that I have owned for about 4 years now and never ben able to play any games for it. I recently bought a Power Supply and av box for the 4 player system and get nothing from them or the system. I have tried about 5 different games and same results. I am thinking either I have

1) Bad AV box

2) Bad Power Supply

3) Bad system

4) all of the above.

So I am looking to buy a confirmed working av box and power supply for my system, I currently do not want to av and power mod the system but I know that will be a future solution if I can not find working cables for them. I own 3 controllers for the system but can not tell if those are working or not yet because I can not get the system working.

Shipping to Michigan

I see that you've found a spare bottom case. You can buy a brand new replacement power supply off ebay for pretty cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=9v+2A+AC+adapter+2.1mm+5.5mm

If you can do a video mod and power mod as well you can use standard RCA cables instead of the switchbox and RF as well.

Edited by bluejay

Yup I'm going to use that new bottom to do the video mod for it, but I still am not sure if the power cable I have is the correct one or if working. Bought all 3 items (system,av, power) on ebay listed as working but we all know that is not always true that they are working.

Added picture of the 5200 power supply and av box that i have so far

Atari 5200 Accessory.jpg

Edited by lwizardl
added picture

No that is the wrong power supply and will likely fry something inthe siwtchbox and or 5200 if you try and use that. The switchbox and 5200 require DC voltage, not AC voltage on the output. I'm thinking that is the power supply to one of the disk drives. So again do NOT use that PSU with your switchbox/5200 setup.

okay then I have some repair work to do then, because I tried it the day it arrived but didn't notice anything. Guess I will have more work to do

Looks like it is for the Atari computer line for sure, says CO17945 for 400/800/1200XL Computer & 822, 850, 1010, 1020, 810/1050/XF551 Drives Power Supply

Edited by lwizardl
Info added

31 minutes ago, masschamber said:

I have a bunch of  spare 5200 power supplies, 10 dollars each plus shipping

but the 5200 has a flipflop chip by the on/off button that regularly fails, changing that should be step 1

can you verify they are working if so I will take 2 so I have a known working spare :)