IGNORED

Atari 800Xl and Rapidus Adaptus board

Fell

After about 35 years I decided to go back to using my first Atari 8-bit computer (not the same unit of course - model is a socketed board from Hong Kong).

I purchased Rapidus for my 800XL from Lotharek and I'm having a problem (see photos). I cleaned the pins and reseated the chips a few times. The Atari boots up fine without the extra adaptus and cpu boards.

I connected the CPU side board and the Adaptus board with the 6502 and the OS chip and  Atari does not boot up (this is just moving the CPU up and not even plugging the Rapidus board)

As suggested by Lotharek  I checked the pins connectivity with a meter from various places, cable to CPU, cpu board to Adaptus board, and only a couple of pins show connectivity.   The pins and boards look fine to me but this is the first I have modded an Atari 8-bit computer.

After a couple of weeks of back and forth emails with Lotharek - I have no solution or idea of what the problem is. I think the issue maybe a bad Adaptus board but so far he has not agreed to send me a replacement.   Has anyone had an issue with the Adaptus board?  I'd appreciate any suggestions. 

Thanks!

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

Might be prudent to replace the original single-wipe socket on the motherboard with a new machine socket - that would provide the most secure connection to those round machine pin headers.

I had an antonia board that would pop out of the original socket in a 600XL with the slightest bump, solved by doing this...

• Like 1