IGNORED

My Space Mines game finally on original hardware!

The V-Man

8 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

Very nice.  Looks like it fits right into the vintage 8-bit catalog.  Still confused about Space Mines! on your screen Vs. Space Caverns in Compute! magazine.

Might have made more sense if I had shown a screen shot of the Space Caverns game as well.  They were just 2 games I made in the same year. One a BASIC game making it into the magazine Compute! (ATR downloadable toward top of topic) and the other an Assembly game Space Mines, which never saw the light of day, till now. I lost much of my code from that early time, so I glad I was able to at revive a couple of them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The V-Man said:

Got it!   A big shout out to @Gavin1968 at Vintage Computer Center for supplying and burning the ROM for me.  I evicted a ROM from an old brown cartridge shell and replaced it with my shiny new ROM.

IMG_6873.thumb.jpg.dd6bf138d403cad8e22ec07d82c1f40f.jpg

@playermissileSure, an interview would be fun. 

Congrats on making a dream come true! Any plans on making this available for sale to the rest of us? I would love to buy a copy!

On 11/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, Gavin1968 said:

Happy to help, looks like a cool game! Way to go!!! 

What size label is that and what did you print it on? Looks really authentic 

I used an Avery matte finished square shipping label.  #23806   Its 2x2 inches.  The original label seems to be 2 /18 x 2, so it was close enough for me.  I was looking for a gloss label for a darker print, but this worded fine.

• Like 1