IGNORED

Enjoying Silent Hill 2 Born from a Wish Scenario - PS2 Emulation

OldSchoolRetroGamer

??Well, that is just awesome, a while ago I read in a Silent Hill Facebook Group post someone asked about replaying Silent Hill 2, I have only played it originally on the  PS2, someone mentioned to be sure to play the version that has the Maria sub scenario “Born From a Wish” and amazingly I never have!  ? I loaded it  up from the extended PS2 edition in PCSX2 emulator, looks and plays  great, never thought I would be playing and experiencing anything Silent  Hill 2 related that was new to me. LOVING THIS! The best part is in emulation I can far higher resolutions than the PS2 could ever run natively, works perfectly with my wireless Xbox 360 gamepad (like movement, drawing firing weapon, run, look etc were instantly configured!) and unlike some older PC ports of some PS2 games there is no issues with compatibility or requirements with newer versions of Windows. 

1296553903_SH.thumb.PNG.7abbfc55cf525420e6026519ac63f433.PNG

I need to do this too as I only have the original PS2 version, which have you seen the prices for it on eBay lately? I heard the PC port with mods fixes a lot of things, but I think I'm going with the PS2 version. I don't want to go through a majority of the scenario and have the game crash or corrupt the save.

If you're craving more Silent Hill things, there's a video on YouTube that has some cancelled and alternate enemies from the first game. Someone also made a really cool Unity 3D demo of the first area of the hospital from the first game too, just search Silent Hill Unity and it should pop up on YouTube if you just want to see it. He also made a section of the town, but the link he provided is dead. It looks like he ripped the textures too, so it's not just fan art.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cynicaster said:

I've never once even attempted PS2 emulation (PS1 is as far as I've gone).  Roughly speaking, how beefy of a PC is needed?  

Ran buttery smooth on my machine (Ryzen 1500x / 16gb / GTX 1060 6gb) but it is definitely overkill. All the specs are in the link I posted but specifically this link to the GETTING STARTED page will give you all the requirements including minimum and recommended. https://pcsx2.net/getting-started.html

Because I am nice I grabbed this screenshot of info for you as well. ? Click for larger image. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.48e2c9b0ec9278df09a04aad6b6104ba.PNG

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 7:53 AM, xenomorpher said:

If you're craving more Silent Hill things, there's a video on YouTube that has some cancelled and alternate enemies from the first game. Someone also made a really cool Unity 3D demo of the first area of the hospital from the first game too, just search Silent Hill Unity and it should pop up on YouTube if you just want to see it. He also made a section of the town, but the link he provided is dead. It looks like he ripped the textures too, so it's not just fan art.

Cool I will definitely look into it. I even had the PC ports of some of these Silent Hill games but honestly, I prefer just emulating the PS2 versions which imho look really nice running in higher resolution anyway.