IGNORED

Too many games/demos and 2600 on Jag

JaggingUK

Those are protos and/or unauthorized pirate runs, and probably shouldn't be advertised here. A good example is Ultimate Brain Games, which was supposed to be a Telegames release. Telegames is still an active company in the UK, and probably hasn't given the seller authorization to sell a proto.

Gotta love his "dust covers", though! That's a good one. :)

I think it's worth highlighting them on here as maybe someone will see one they have the I.P for and tell him to stop selling them... Does look like a mass of games and all very random from hard to find to pretty run of the mill... Never realised Ultimate Brain was meant to be a Telegames release. 

"Sadly this project was binned by ATARI before it got post proto stage so although the games are all playable - like many protos its MUTE! That said if you like 2600 stuff then this is a must have!"

Hmmm... sure it is the regular demo without hit detection so "playable" should be challenged.

I'm gonna be devil's advocate here... I have no problem with repros of old commercial stuff as long as the labels clearly indicate that they are reproductions.  If you look at the prices for something like Atari Karts, Missile Command 3D, AvP, etc.  these games are getting mighty pricey, and someone who just wants to play the games has them priced out of reach.  Heck even Battlesphere hasn't been produced in 19 years and I think it's safe to say they'll never do another production run.

I think if a game has been produced more recently, though, no.  There's still a chance that the dev will decide to make another run, and they shouldn't have to compete with what are essentially scalpers.

Just my humble opinion.  I'm sure I'll get a lot of disagreement over it.

23 hours ago, ls650 said:

I'm gonna be devil's advocate here... I have no problem with repros of old commercial stuff as long as the labels clearly indicate that they are reproductions.  If you look at the prices for something like Atari Karts, Missile Command 3D, AvP, etc.  these games are getting mighty pricey, and someone who just wants to play the games has them priced out of reach.  Heck even Battlesphere hasn't been produced in 19 years and I think it's safe to say they'll never do another production run.

I think if a game has been produced more recently, though, no.  There's still a chance that the dev will decide to make another run, and they shouldn't have to compete with what are essentially scalpers.

Just my humble opinion.  I'm sure I'll get a lot of disagreement over it.

I don't think that this is an outrageous opinion by any means. But I think focussing on "age" really hides the real problem here: the reproduction of WIP, demos, or actively-held IP in games with a current release without permission to do this. This is incredibly corrosive behaviour, as it runs the real risk of running developers off the scene -- and other scenes -- because they lose control over their work and don't get paid for what is out there. It's like flipping off someone who just gave you a nice gift, and the only thing you can do in return is just watch and take it. And then decide not to give anyone else any gifts, ever.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2020 at 8:54 AM, CyranoJ said:

Nice to see this up there too....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZZYORRXX2-PLAYABLE-DEMO-CLEAR-SHELL-PAL-ATARI-JAGUAR-BOXED/133576157237

There will come a day when absolutely nobody will give their time to this machine's future.

I remember this game presented in a French magazine with interview of Shen Vitual Experience during the presentation of Burn Out. Never seen this game turn. Are there any videos?