IGNORED

Capcom Retro Station

negative1

https://www.slashgear.com/capcom-retro-station-is-an-all-in-one-gaming-cutie-23648524/

Capcom Retro Station is an all-in-one gaming cutie

Chris Burns - Nov 23, 2020, 11:02am CST
Capcom Retro Station is an all-in-one gaming cutie

This week the folks at Capcom revealed a device called Capcom Retro Station. This is a tabletop gaming device made to deliver a set number of games ONLY. Those games are mainly Mega Man and Street Fighter in nature, and the console might be relatively difficult to find in a store near you.

This is a device known as a micro-console. It has hardware controls and was made to play a limited set of games. Much like the Capcom Home Arcade (as delivered in April of 2019), the Capcom Retro Station focuses on the Capcom family of games. The games offered with this newest micro-console are as follows.

Capcom Retro Station games:
• Mega Man The Power Battle
• Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters
• Mega Man X
• Mega Man Soccer
• Mega Man & Bass (Japanese Console Version)
• Street Fighter II
• Street Fighter II Champion Edition
• Super Street Fighter II
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo
• Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

The console has an 8-inch display that’s not particularly adjustable, and you’re going to need to control the game with a joystick and six classic-sized gigantic buttons. This is an arcade throwback, for sure.

capcomfrontback.jpg

If you’re looking to purchase this unit, you’re going to need to look to overseas resellers. The Capcom Retro Station will be released on December 1, 2020, in Japan only. You won’t find this console sold for cheap. The base price is somewhere around $210, and chances are you’ll be paying a significant amount MORE to get it shipped to the USA.

later

7 hours ago, jhd said:

It is cute, but decidedly impractical (and probably too bloody expensive once landed here in Canada). 

Four versions of Street Fighter II seem unnecessarily redundant. 

Not to me.

I wish there were more versions on there, I can't stand megaman though, thats why.

later

• Haha 1

It's a cool looking design,but of all the games ever made,those are 2 series I never could get into or care for.

I know I tried! Lately I have been drawing a line on what I will buy because of the massive dilution in the retro g as me market.

But,if you do like these particular games and dont have them on a variety of systems already this may be for you(whoever that may be.)

10 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

It's a cool looking design,but of all the games ever made,those are 2 series I never could get into or care for.

I know I tried! Lately I have been drawing a line on what I will buy because of the massive dilution in the retro g as me market.

But,if you do like these particular games and dont have them on a variety of systems already this may be for you(whoever that may be.)

I don't have any portable versions of those, and it's way more accessible, and much better design to actually play than the quarter arcade version

which is now sold out.

So I would buy it for a friend that likes street fighter. 

later

• Like 1

I'm tempted by this both as a stock device, but also maybe if it were busted open.  Given what you have there is clearly a stack of emulators going on, and one of them being CPS capable, that could make for quite the fun CPS1 and CPS2 mini arcade on the level of the excellent neo geo mini tabletop cabinet.  Obviously though it has some hints of SNES there as well with MMX, Soccer, & Bass.  There isn't a game on that thing alone I hate, never touched, or even dislike in the least bit, that's big plus.

It would be funny if they had the fan made but Capcom distributed MM x SF PC game thrown in there for the hell of it.  Or not funny, more hidden games like SNK likes to hide in their stuff to unlock.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1