IGNORED

Advice on selling a 1040 STe motherboard

Finn Mac

2 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Wow, that really want south....  :(

I look at this like a guy who wants to build a hotrod going to a classic car group. He's just not going to get the response he wants.
I wish him luck but he's got a challenge ahead of him and I really hope it doesn't end up being unfinished pile of hacked up STE.

7 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

I look at this like a guy who wants to build a hotrod going to a classic car group. He's just not going to get the response he wants.
I wish him luck but he's got a challenge ahead of him and I really hope it doesn't end up being unfinished pile of hacked up STE.

Yeah, we all tried to tell him to find a broken one, if he were within the USA, I would have given him my 1040 STfm, but that thing weighs a ton and would cost way too much to ship to Australia.

I understand sleeper PCs... but keep them to PCs, you will literally lose keys if you try to use an Atari keyboard on a Windows machine..

12 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

It won't. I just got really stressed out by bluejay lol. Thanks for the good wishes

Edited by Finn Mac

4 hours ago, leech said:

Yeah, we all tried to tell him to find a broken one, if he were within the USA, I would have given him my 1040 STfm, but that thing weighs a ton and would cost way too much to ship to Australia.

I understand sleeper PCs... but keep them to PCs, you will literally lose keys if you try to use an Atari keyboard on a Windows machine..

I don't really care. Again, it's about the look lol. But thanks for the offer.  The whole thing became tetious lol

4 minutes ago, Finn Mac said:

Guess i won't worry about my plan of not damaging the case then will i

The point we are trying to make is if you hold off, you can sell / trade that for a normal 520 or 1040 ST, and butcher that AND pay for all of the kit you are planning on putting in.

6 minutes ago, Finn Mac said:

I know, i know. Im just dumb stubbon sometimes. Apologies 

Here is what I suggest, post in the Marketplace forum, ask for a trade + cash for a 1040ST from someone closer, or willing to ship.  Then plan out your mods carefully for when you do find one.  Will give you some needed time to get everything together.  Hell it has been years since I started my project to move my Falcon into the wizztronics rack case that I bought and still feel as if I am missing something from that project.

https://atariage.com/forums/forum/6-buy-sell-and-trade/

Edited by leech

On 11/28/2020 at 10:58 AM, djglish said:

The Arduino is a Leonardo.  I bought the actual Arduino brand, but there are cheaper knock-offs.  

I wish the guy that did the coding would have also added the code for the joystick and mouse.  They all come off of the keyboard cable.  I'm sure it would be a lot of added work though.  Could never figure out how all of those key choices can be done with only a very limited amount of wires going from the keyboard to the motherboard.  

Hey if i by some miracle figured out the coding for the mouse I'll pm you

3 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Congrats. I'm sorry I had to be too hard on you. I just didn't want to see a rare machine all hacked up and end up in someone's unfinished projects pile and eventually in the dumpster. Hope I didn't cause you too much stress.

Its ok man! You were just getting your point across! You didn't cause too much ?

• Like 1