IGNORED

Text or PDF of the Peterson 130XE 320K Upgrade?

Larry

I'm looking for the original version as posted on Compuserve (as well as other places).  I've found the 65XE 320K Upgrade, but it is not the same.  I've also found the 130XE 576K upgrade.  There is one listed on the Internet Archive, but it doesn't look correct. (?)  I have a hard copy someplace, but I can't find it or any file in my hoard.  Thanks.

Please be aware that somewhere out there, exists a version of this with a typo.  It has to do with Pin 30 vs 38.  When I finally decided to mod my original 130XE that I've had since 1988, I was super sad that it did not work.  I quadruple checked every single connection I made.  Don't recall offhand who helped me find and fix the issue - but I do still have the machine after all this time, still 320kB with a 32-in-1 OS from Steve Tucker.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.  I did my 320K upgrade about 1985/86 and it works perfectly.  I used the CSS USP+ OS, and I like everything about that XE except the Super Video display, which is arguably worse than stock.  I'm sure that I did memory upgrade from the Compuserve file, so it must be correct. If I don't have any luck getting a new copy here, I still have a couple of bankers boxes of misc docs to go through.

Hi,

I asked about help with the 320K mod in this thread: 

I actually have all the parts for it, and got as far as de-soldering all the RAM chips, then got completely side tracked with a boat load of other things. I think an ECI RAM upgrade might be a lot simpler, @tf_hh has them for sale, according to http://www.van-radecke.de/STUFF/tfhh_HW_info.pdf - but I see you are on the other side of the pond, so I don't know about shipping to the States from Germany at the moment.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Here's the version that I used to do the upgrade back in the 80s.

Warning:  This is in some sort of Atari format, so you will need to do the usual formatting conversion to read it on a PC.

ramup320.doc

ramup576.doc ramupmeg.doc

Edited by StickJock
Added the other two upgrades as well.
  • Like 1

Thanks, StickJock.  The ramup320 is the file that I remember. 

I started searching my Atari files archive and finally found my collection of 130XE memory upgrades.  They are in 40-column text and Atari WP formats.  I put them all on an ATR which I've attached (MyDos format).

XE Ram Upgrades.atr

• Like 2

E474 said: "I actually have all the parts for it, and got as far as de-soldering all the RAM chips, then got completely side tracked with a boat load of other things. I think an ECI RAM upgrade might be a lot simpler, @tf_hh has them for sale, according to http://www.van-radecke.de/STUFF/tfhh_HW_info.pdf - but I see you are on the other side of the pond, so I don't know about shipping to the States from Germany at the moment."

I looked at Jurgen's offerings, and the best fit for me is Sys-Check V2.2 for the XE.  Unfortunately, it is marked EOL with zero stock.  I have the original 2.2 for XL and XE, but I need access for my IDE+2 on the ECI (or PBI), so I can't use that.  The closest thing I have is probably the Turbo Freezer. It has a 512K SRAM, and seems to cooperate with the US+ OS module that I already have in there.  That would let me pull the old upgrade and give me access to the 4050, used by the UAV.  The closest thing Jurgen currently sells is the 512KB SRAM expansion.  (That is a nice ram expansion!)  I'll have to think on this for awhile, but I definitely do have something in-hand that will work for me.

• Like 1