Jump to content
Albert

New 2600, 5200, 7800, and Atari 8-bit Computer Games! Pre-Order Today!

Recommended Posts

We are excited to announce the arrival of several new Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, and Atari 8-bit homebrew games to the store for pre-ordering! We were aiming to have these available several months ago, but everything's moving a bit slowly this year. All the boxes, manuals, and labels for these games have been ordered, and we anticipate having everything in January. Once all the printed materials arrive, we will promptly get all pre-orders shipped.

 

Without further ado, here are the games! Click on any of the images to jump straight to that game:

 

Avalanche Cannonhead Clash Dare Devil Deepstone Catacomb Hugohunt Ninjish Guy in Los-Res World Panic! Rooms Robot City The End Tower of Rubble Venture Reloaded Zoo Keeper Magical Fairy Force Dragons Cache Adventure II XE Scramble Ms. Galactopus

 

Here's a list of the games:

You can also browse our latest releases here. If you have any questions about the games or the pre-order process, please send us a message!

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvellous. Marauder should hopefully be getting in touch regarding adding some to his outstanding pre-order (which includes a load of stuff for me :)).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, retroeight said:

I love some of this artwork.

There are a lot of great artists and designers in this community! 

1 minute ago, retroeight said:

Scramble is one of my favorite games.

I played this a fair bit in arcades back in the day, and I remember it being pretty tough!  :D

 

 ..Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Albert said:

There are a lot of great artists and designers in this community! 

I played this a fair bit in arcades back in the day, and I remember it being pretty tough!  :D

 

 ..Al

Scramble was tough and was one of my favorite games in the arcades back in the day.

 

There was a very impressive VIC 20 version. One life. :)

 

5658fe310c798efc63e34e1a303fbbd0.jpg
https://gyazo.com/5658fe310c798efc63e34e1a303fbbd0

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Albert, when will 8-bit enthusiasts/owners be able to get Tempest as so far only we 5200 owners can currently enjoy Keithen Hayenga's wonderful version of it? I know I would place my order for one if you guys ever come out with an 8-bit port of it.

 

As for the Superzapper on it, all you would have to do is either go up or down with the joystick to activate it much like in the V61/AtariSales ports Tempest Xtreem and Tempest Elite. See what you and Keithen can do to make this happen, as there are two polls out there (myself putting up one of them) that show an overwhelming majority of 8-bit owners would buy one if it were released, I myself being one of them.

 

Also, an 8-bit port of Castle Blast would be welcome too.

 

Thanks and Merry Gaming to all and to all Atarians a Good Night!!! :) 

 

Happy Holidays everybody!!!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey @Albert

 See what you and Keithen can do to make this happen, as there are two polls out there (myself putting up one of them) that show an overwhelming majority of 8-bit owners would buy one if it were released, I myself being one of them.

 

Also, an 8-bit port of Castle Blast would be 

At this point you have to be trolling us, right?  Are you really in a position to be ordering Albert and whomever else around? Can you please read this back, out loud, and see what it sounds like?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

At this point you have to be trolling us, right?  Are you really in a position to be ordering Albert and whomever else around? Can you please read this back, out loud, and see what it sounds like?

I'm not (wasn't) trying to order anyone to do anything, this was merely a suggestion and the final answer is up to only 2 people, Albert Yarusso and Keithen Hayenga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I'm not (wasn't) trying to order anyone to do anything, this was merely a suggestion and the final answer is up to only 2 people, Albert Yarusso and Keithen Hayenga.

Okay, in the interest of trying to help you out- Please read your original message out loud. Does it sound like a suggestion to you? Also, this has been coming up repeatedly with your posts lately. Why do you think that is? I really urge you to reflect on how your posts have been received by the community and, more importantly, WHY.  I watched one of your YouTube vids and you obviously love Atari stuff.  This is a great community to be a part of but there are behavioral norms, like in any community. Can you see how you may have been rubbing people the wrong way in your tone/phrasing in spite of your enthusiasm?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Albert said:

Guys, stop, please.

 

Thank you,

 

 ..Al

Im sorry sir, I derailed an awesome thread celebrating those games. All apologies and I really need to pick up Adventure 2 XE for sure- it’s making me wanna grab an XEGS! Thanks for all you do for this community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered Deepstone Catacomb and Panic Rooms without logging into my store account and have no way to see if they have shipped or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the fifth (!) round of manual proofs last week, and they all looked great!  The order finally went into production and I should have the manuals by the end of this week. 

 

manual_proofs_20210-03-01.jpg

 

There are some reprints of earlier manuals above as well that you can see in the above image (Colony 7, Conquest of Mars, Epic Adventure, etc.).  But most of the manuals above are for new games, and this doesn't include the Jaguar manuals (didn't need to run those proofs again).

 

I'll have more physical proofs for the labels this week, and if those look good they will also go into production.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!  I'm really looking forward to getting these new games out to everyone!

 

 ..Al

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for another update!

 

I received the manuals last Saturday!  19 boxes worth of manuals (for 32 different games, most new, but some old as well) and they all look fantastic!  Although it was painful going back and forth, resulting in five sets of physical proofs, it paid off since all the manuals came out great.  The only missing piece now is the label order.  Last week I received a full set of label proofs, and everything looked perfect except for four of the Atari 2600 end labels (an issue with the black on those).  More proofs for just those labels were sent out yesterday and I should have them on Saturday.  Assuming those look good, that entire label order will go into production. 

 

In the meantime, I continue to solder and build games.  :)

 

I'll post some photos of the label proofs later.

 

 ..Al

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Albert said:

Time for another update!

 

I received the manuals last Saturday!  19 boxes worth of manuals (for 32 different games, most new, but some old as well) and they all look fantastic!  Although it was painful going back and forth, resulting in five sets of physical proofs, it paid off since all the manuals came out great.  The only missing piece now is the label order.  Last week I received a full set of label proofs, and everything looked perfect except for four of the Atari 2600 end labels (an issue with the black on those).  More proofs for just those labels were sent out yesterday and I should have them on Saturday.  Assuming those look good, that entire label order will go into production. 

 

In the meantime, I continue to solder and build games.  :)

 

I'll post some photos of the label proofs later.

 

 ..Al

Man, it just seems like you have one of the most "Productively Fun" lives that a person could lead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...