IGNORED

HSC - Holiday Triple Pack w/ Bonus Game

Rickster8

Slap Shot Update: Had a sweet game scoring-wise and my defense played a little better than last game too. My goalie was awful though, but the computer's was MUCH worse.....?

My scoring per period was 16 - 11 - 16... ???

FINAL Score 43-11; Biggest Blowout Differential = 32

HOCKEY(4311)HTP.jpg.5d6270e8e31d851c2988b82891c9dead.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Slap Shot Update: Had a sweet game scoring-wise and my defense played a little better than last game too. My goalie was awful though, but the computer's was MUCH worse.....?

My scoring per period was 16 - 11 - 16... ???

FINAL Score 43-11; Biggest Blowout Differential = 32

HOCKEY(4311)HTP.jpg.5d6270e8e31d851c2988b82891c9dead.jpg

Wow. That’s toys domination!!

• Like 1

My Ice Trek Update: 

Did a little better this time. I got to level 3. I managed to fully complete 2 ice bridges and came close to completing the 3rd one, but Vali froze and I was done. Building the ice bridge is pretty frustrating. I will never be able to video this game cuz it's a TOTAL swear-a-thon..... ?

ICETREK(7350)HTP.jpg.0cc9f42fc45b41560cdcacb13eadbf34.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Winter Games Update: (Updated thru post #55)

Christmas Carol:

961 - popsicle

726 - IntyFanMatt

431 - Rickster8

145 - jblenkle

Thin Ice:

149,170 - mr_me

22,150  - IntyFanMatt

15,250  - Rickster8

10,100  - fakecortex

7,800  - popsicle

7,000  - Player One

5,920  - jblenkle

4,540  - Biffman

Ice Trek:

7,350 - Rickster8

7,260 - popsicle

2,030 - jblenkle

970 - fakecortex

Hockey Bonus Game:

+32 - Rickster8

+27 - mr_me

+17 - popsicle

+1  - IntyFanMatt

• Like 2

Better get my best efforts up here in case I don't get any more time to play this year.

I have to take a picture of the start screen of Christmas Carol every level, because I never know when it will crash.  Too bad--this is a really fun game!

Probably out for hockey.  Tried one game and was very bad at it!

Getting the hang of Thin Ice and I have a theory about how to get some really big scores, having trouble consistently pulling it off though.

Merry Christmas everyone!

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

• Like 3

That confirms my strategy.  I'll share what I'm trying to do in the spirit of holiday giving.  ;)

Ignore the penguins.  Skate a big box around the seal.  Once he's on your line, make smaller and smaller circles, never dunking him, until you have a very small box, then dunk him.

You can actually stop skating, so do that.   When the seal pops up out of the water frozen, skate around him again with a slightly bigger box to dunk him again.  This keeps dunking him and you keep scoring 1,000 points.  Eventually you run out of room or get penguins dunked on "accident" and move up a level.

Use your freezes to stop the polar bears.  If you can dunk them, great.  But focus on the seal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gar0u said:

That confirms my strategy.  I'll share what I'm trying to do in the spirit of holiday giving.  ;)

Ignore the penguins.  Skate a big box around the seal.  Once he's on your line, make smaller and smaller circles, never dunking him, until you have a very small box, then dunk him.

You can actually stop skating, so do that.   When the seal pops up out of the water frozen, skate around him again with a slightly bigger box to dunk him again.  This keeps dunking him and you keep scoring 1,000 points.  Eventually you run out of room or get penguins dunked on "accident" and move up a level.

Use your freezes to stop the polar bears.  If you can dunk them, great.  But focus on the seal.

That sounds interesting but still challenging to do...I may try it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

That sounds interesting but still challenging to do...I may try it. 

Yeah sounds great but I'll never be able to pull it off. That damn seal is relentless and the only way for me to stop him when he's on my line is to go into water... If there's no water yet then I'm doomed.... I got 15k last week and haven't been close to that since.... Hard game.... 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

You can dunk the seal a few times in a row like that but then he decides to come up off to the side.  He also gets really fast at some point in a level; not sure if it's from being dunked too many times or just taking too long on the level.  At that point I find it best to just move on to the next level.  I was then thinking maybe the secret is with the bears but I wasn't having much luck with them.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

The highest score I could find for Carol vs Ghost was 16,955.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161118202946/https://www.carolvsghost.com/cvw/2015/pg_leaderboard.html

Edit: Actually, it might be 29,159.

Actually, the world record is at 29,159 by @Fushek.

https://carolvsghost.com/game/cvw/pg_winners.html

Man ... I can't believe I've missed this so far! ??

I'll try to put in some time for games this week ... it's been crazy! :)

For all of you stumbling your way through Christmas Carol, below are some tips & tricks I've posted in the past challenges to help you:

Also, if anybody is having problems with the game (I think someone mentioned that it crashes), please make sure you get the latest ROM from the webpage:

Or just send me a PM and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My Christmas Carol Update: Showing some more progression, but time is definitely running out for me to save Christmas.... ???

CHRCAROL(705)HTP.jpg.e447a565477e5163b9d34ed104fb05fb.jpg

Check out the tips & tricks links I posted above, they should help.  Or, if you are stuck on any specific level, just ask!

The best hint I can give anybody is this:  ignore the candy, use the snowflakes sparingly, and just focus on getting the presents.  The game may seem hard, mostly because it runs at a very fast pace; but it has some very predictable behaviour that allows you to beat it easily ... at least the first time around. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Man ... I can't believe I've missed this so far! ??

I'll try to put in some time for games this week ... it's been crazy! :)

For all of you stumbling your way through Christmas Carol, below are some tips & tricks I've posted in the past challenges to help you:

Also, if anybody is having problems with the game (I think someone mentioned that it crashes), please make sure you get the latest ROM from the webpage:

Or just send me a PM and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

-dZ.

Thanks very much DZ!