IGNORED

THEC64 Winter Game Development Competition 2020

carlsson

As some of you may have seen, Retro Games Ltd is hosting a competition in game development for the C64 and VIC-20. The deadline for entering has now passed, and you can download the entries to try. In total they received 10 entries of which 7 for the VIC-20 with various memory configurations and 3 for the C64.

https://retrogames.biz/thec64-winter-games-development-competition

Personally I never considered entering, but it is nice to see that some people did and that the distribution between C64 and VIC games was not what you'd usually expect.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:38 PM, carlsson said:

As some of you may have seen, Retro Games Ltd is hosting a competition in game development for the C64 and VIC-20. The deadline for entering has now passed, and you can download the entries to try. In total they received 10 entries of which 7 for the VIC-20 with various memory configurations and 3 for the C64.

https://retrogames.biz/thec64-winter-games-development-competition

Personally I never considered entering, but it is nice to see that some people did and that the distribution between C64 and VIC games was not what you'd usually expect.

I'm not surprised at all.  Usually the purpose of these contests is to gin up interest in a platform that is otherwise not getting much action.  The 64 does not need any special interest ginned up as it already has very high interest.  The enterprising Vic developer could use the interest of the contest while 64 developers have lots of interest in their projects already.