IGNORED

StellaDS - Phoenix Edition

wavemotion

For those of you with a DSi who want to play some classic Atari goodness, I've reworked the old StellaDS into a new "Phoenix Edition" which is bundled with the latest Twilight Menu++

If you don't know, TWL++ is a menu system that runs from the SD Card in a Nintendo DSi (or 3DS or even DS-LITE/PHAT if you have a flashcart). It's pretty easy to setup - drop some files on an old SD card and off you go.

It comes bunded with a few good emulators - including StellaDS and A7800DS both of which I've updated in the past couple of months to support many more games and run most games at full speed (90% of games will run full speed... with a few stubborn games like Pitfall II which I could only get to about 45FPS without sound... the co-processor in that cart just takes up too many DS CPU cycles). 

It supports all the popular bankswitch methods but not DPC+ (the ARM co-processor is about the same speed as the original DS and so it's just not possible to emulate properly). That means great Homebrews like Space Rocks will not run. But many other homebrews run perfectly - Lady Bug, Go Fish, Space Treat Deluxe and my favorite: Man Goes Down!

I've added Paddle emulation via the touch screen as well as keypad. All the games that use strange controller combinations (Raiders using 2 joysticks, Demons to Diamonds using the OTHER paddle, etc) are all working. 

You can google for Twilight Menu - StellaDS - Phoenix Edition is bundled with all latest releases. The A7800DS Pro System emulator is also included in the latest build but will be seeing an update on the next release to support many more games. 

upload_2020-12-3_10-25-17.png

upload_2020-12-1_18-41-52.png

Edited by llabnip
More detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2