IGNORED

New Hand Controllers???

Just curious if anyone would know (I'm not in need of them right now), but does anyone still sell new Intellivision hand controllers? Or the plastic layouts that are inside of them?

I know I saw something online where Intellivision revolution made a controller using 2 controller ports to one controller. I didn't see anything on their website about any controllers though. It must have been old. I would liove to buy some of the new homebrews, but I am scared off,  because the hand controllers are always destined to break at some point. Even the console is on borrowed time...

Last year I had bought a Tandyvision that needed both the controller mylars replaced before it was playable. I ordered two from this seller, that worked perfectly:

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/brand-new-mattel-intellivision-1-controller-mylar-set-38583

There is also an Intellivision forum thread (probably buried a few pages back now) discussing this seller (Active in the forum; username 'RWAP') and the mylars.

Edited by Tavi
Adding information

31 minutes ago, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

Just curious if anyone would know (I'm not in need of them right now), but does anyone still sell new Intellivision hand controllers? Or the plastic layouts that are inside of them?

I know I saw something online where Intellivision revolution made a controller using 2 controller ports to one controller. I didn't see anything on their website about any controllers though. It must have been old. I would liove to buy some of the new homebrews, but I am scared off,  because the hand controllers are always destined to break at some point. Even the console is on borrowed time...

I dont believe Intellivision Revolution ever made any kind of controller,and only produced homebrew games.

The Intellivisionaries did make a dual action controller so that you could move and fire at the same time,in a limited supply about 4 years ago.

They also had a flashback controller cord adapter so you could either hardwire them into an intellivision 1 unit,or plug your flashback controllers into an intellivision 2. Here is all their information inside the booklet.

20201219_101021.jpg

20201219_101250.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.

1 hour ago, Tavi said:

Last year I had bought a Tandyvision that needed both the controller mylars replaced before it was playable. I ordered two from this seller, that worked perfectly:

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/brand-new-mattel-intellivision-1-controller-mylar-set-38583

There is also an Intellivision forum thread (probably buried a few pages back now) discussing this seller (Active in the forum; username 'RWAP') and the mylars.

Thank you. I will check these out!

43 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I dont believe Intellivision Revolution ever made any kind of controller,and only produced homebrew games.

The Intellivisionaries did make a dual action controller so that you could move and fire at the same time,in a limited supply about 4 years ago.

They also had a flashback controller cord adapter so you could either hardwire them into an intellivision 1 unit,or plug your flashback controllers into an intellivision 2. Here is all their information inside the booklet.

20201219_101021.jpg

20201219_101250.jpg

That is what I saw.  Do you know if they made regular new hand controllers?

Yeah, I haven’t made any more Dual Action Controllers, as it’s difficult to find spare Flashback controllers to use as donors. And due to the way the original controllers are designed, and the way the internal circuit matrices connect to the controller wiring, I can’t use them for Dual Action Controllers.

If one day Cmart decides to part out controllers from the 900+ Flashbacks he owns, maybe there will be more Dual Action Controllers made.

I’m not opposed to making more down the road. But if you manage to find a couple extra Flashback controllers, and you’d like to try doing it yourself, I made a ‘how to’ video: http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

That is what I saw.  Do you know if they made regular new hand controllers?

No they didnt.

They used flashback controllers to make that as well.

Intellivision productions under Keith Robinson sold spare flashback controllers for $13. bucks,basically at cost when the flashback system first came out.

Even with that,you would have needed the adapters to fit them into your Intellivision 2 or wire into your Intellivision 1.

I actually use the adapters and the the flashback controllers on my Intellivision 2 to this day.

I am glad I purchased multiple flashbacks when they were still readily available. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 2:50 PM, nurmix said:

Yeah, I haven’t made any more Dual Action Controllers, as it’s difficult to find spare Flashback controllers to use as donors. And due to the way the original controllers are designed, and the way the internal circuit matrices connect to the controller wiring, I can’t use them for Dual Action Controllers.

If one day Cmart decides to part out controllers from the 900+ Flashbacks he owns, maybe there will be more Dual Action Controllers made.

I’m not opposed to making more down the road. But if you manage to find a couple extra Flashback controllers, and you’d like to try doing it yourself, I made a ‘how to’ video: http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are there any plans for IE to make new controllers for the flashback or the  Inty 2? Or could the Amico controllers be used in this way? I would assume not but one can dream. Can’t want for the Amico and the eventual release of the original games among everything else.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:57 AM, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

Are there any plans for IE to make new controllers for the flashback or the  Inty 2? Or could the Amico controllers be used in this way? I would assume not but one can dream. Can’t want for the Amico and the eventual release of the original games among everything else.

Not that I'm aware of, although I wouldn't say any of those things are completely off the table.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 6:13 PM, nurmix said:

Not that I'm aware of, although I wouldn't say any of those things are completely off the table.

A bluetooth controller adapter is not a ridiculous idea for homebrewer to make, once the Amico controllers come out. I've seen it done for the Atari 2600, but only for the 2600 compatible controllers.

• Like 1