IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

Thanks a lot Kai!

I’m truly sorry for the extra time that this unexpected situation made you spend on this game.

As far as I’m concerned, if it’s not a problem for you, I’ll wait for some more months to see if you’ll be able the get the cartridges.

I’m sure that sooner or later it will happen!???

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks a lot Kai!

I’m truly sorry for the extra time that this unexpected situation made you spend on this game.

As far as I’m concerned, if it’s not a problem for you, I’ll wait for some more months to see if you’ll be able the get the cartridges.

I’m sure that sooner or later it will happen!???

Thank you! Feel free to request the ROM for free, or the box and materials any time you want, it's no problem at all, really.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Moving on:

Yesterday I posted an update about what it has been discussed in this thread.

I see the feedback has pretty much stopped by now, so we are moving forward;

After gathering all the feedback that you guys gave over the last 2 or 3 days here, at this moment I can offer the following (which is pretty much everything you guys asked for and I could do at this moment):

I've put the rom for sale on the Kai Magazine Software store, compatible with LTO Flash and jzintv emulator.

The price is 17 Euro, which (today) is less than $20, which is the lowest amount that has been suggested. The digital release contains digital versions of the cover (box), manual, overlays and cartridge sticker.

https://kai-magazine-software.fwscart.com/product_preview/p4398489_21444598.aspx

BUT BEFORE YOU BUY IT:

Anyone who pre-ordered this game or bought it after the pre-order can request the ROM for free (whith the caviat that in the event of a refund, the price of the ROM would be substracted from the refund).

This means you don't have to pay twice. Only in the event of a necessary pre-order cancelation due to third party circumstances, the price would be deducted from the refund.

Those who paid for the game and who are interested on the rom just have to contact me (via atariage PM, facebook messenger, online shop messaging system etc) and I will send it to them in less than 24 hours (because of different time zones, etc).

Some people have also requested to be able to get the box, cover, manual, label and overlays in advance.

I am happy to send it to them since those are sitting in boxes since February, so no problem, I can send those to anyone who already paid for the game.

This would only mean that when the carts are available, they would have to pay the shipping costs of the cart.

In the unfortunate event of a pre-order cancellation caused by a third party, we would deduct the cost of this materials (which are 15 euro) and the shipping costs (which unfortunatelly are the same as the whole game if we use registered mail, but we can explore cheaper options).

If someone who didn’t already pay for the game wishes to buy the box, cover, manual, label and overlays together with the ROM, I can create an item in our online shop in order to buy that as well.

Thank you everyone for your patience, understanding and huge support!

As someone that has preordered I don't need a free ROM, I'm happy to pay for my copy. Maybe those that preordered could get it for say $10 instead of $20? Hopefully I won't be tarred and feathered for suggesting this. Lol

• Like 2

The little touches in this game are just amazing. I was looking through the manual and saw the multi-colored objects like potions and thought to myself that they were probably for some other system that the game was also made for, not the Intellivision. Nope, they really look like that! Especially nice to see after other adventure-style games on the INTV with monochromatic objects, like the treasures in Dragonfire, weapons in Treasure of Tarmin, etc. And those are just static objects! The swaying grass and trees, motion of characters, it's all so well done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmart604 said:

As someone that has preordered I don't need a free ROM, I'm happy to pay for my copy. Maybe those that preordered could get it for say $10 instead of $20? Hopefully I won't be tarred and feathered for suggesting this. Lol

Tarring is so uncivilized. Death by Snu Snu!

I agree with you on this one, I'd be willing to pay $10 for it, and wait for everything to ship later.

11 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

If you were in meetings from 9am - 6pm every day, and then worked from 7pm - 2am, and then slept and woke up and did it all again, you'd probably be a little more sympathetic. 

Being a software engineer, those hours are all too familiar. I sympathize greatly. If I didn't love what I do, I'd have ? long ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Could we pay the $10 and still tar and feather CMART?  Warm tar, not the hot stuff.

• Haha 3

On 10/10/2021 at 12:08 PM, Kai_Magazine said:

On any other situation I would fully agree with that, but in this situation where a lot of people has been patiently waiting to play this game for 10 months, and they should be able to play it, making them pay again after they paid 10 months ago is something that I simply cannot do.

Anyway this situation would be an exception and it should not constitute a precedent for other releases/publishers. I fully understand what you are saying. 

I'd pay for a ROM separately to be able to use on my LTO AND I bought the pre-order CIB edition as well.  I'd prefer to NOT have to pay twice, but would pay $10 without complaint on top of what I've already paid for the boxed edition in order to have the ROM for my LTO or other flash carts.

EDIT: I just caught up on the thread.  I purchased a ROM, too.

By the way, good solution.  I think all games should be released as ROM to the purchasers of the carts in every instance as I want to both own the physical game and play it on my flash cart for ease.

I do not believe ROMs should be encrypted but I have purchased many that are in order to use them on a flash cart (LTO).

• Like 1

Guys, thank you very much for your kind words and your support!

I am very happy that those who started to play the game are liking it ^_^

Those who bought the rom regardless of being able to get it for free since you already paid the pre-order, thank you very much! But there is no need, really. If you pre-ordered the game I will send you the rom if you request it. Only in the event of a pre-order cancellation, the price of the rom would be substracted from the refund.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cmart604 said:

You don't need to pay $10 or $20 or anything, if you pre-ordered the game I will send you the rom if you request it. Only in the event of a pre-order cancellation, the price of the rom would be substracted from the refund.

Edited by Kai_Magazine

Some people have also requested to be able to get the box, cover, manual, label and overlays in advance.
I am happy to send it to them since those are sitting in boxes since February, so no problem, I can send those to anyone who already paid for the game.
This would only mean that when the carts are available, they would have to pay the shipping costs of the cart.
In the unfortunate event of a pre-order cancellation caused by a third party, we would deduct the cost of this materials (which are 15 euro) and the shipping costs (which unfortunatelly are the same as the whole game if we use registered mail, but we can explore cheaper options).

Since some people have requested it, I just created an item in our online shop so if someone wants to purchase the box they can.
The link is this one:

https://kai-magazine-software.fwscart.com/_The_Sorrow_of_Gadhlan_Thur__game_box_(WITHOUT_CARTRIDGE)_includes_cartridge_label_manual_and_2_overlays/p4398489_21444986.aspx

I would ship it in 2 weeks aprox when I will have some spare time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1