adamantyr

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

Spoiler

Sent.

"You actually only need the seven Words of Power to enter the tower, not necessarily the shards themselves."

Ohhhh ok. I assumed that it was the shards since I got the message to go to the Pristine Tower immediately after getting the final shard. I had discovered the location earlier myself but couldn't get in yet (I guess since I did not in fact have all the words at that point).

13 minutes ago, Brent Ellison said:
  Hide contents

Sent.

"You actually only need the seven Words of Power to enter the tower, not necessarily the shards themselves."

Ohhhh ok. I assumed that it was the shards since I got the message to go to the Pristine Tower immediately after getting the final shard. I had discovered the location earlier myself but couldn't get in yet (I guess since I did not in fact have all the words at that point).

Spoiler

Perhaps you should make sure you have room in your backpack before interacting with something? :)

And for the next version I may add a snarky comment to that effect...

• Like 2

Wow, that's really f-ing cool that this will be released on Steam!  Did I miss the announcement somewhere?  I did not know that was even possible, and I'm really impressed to say the least.

However, I am wondering why Steam over, say, Good Old Games (GoG) which seems to be more in line with a retro-computer game?

• Like 2

I did submit to GOG as well. They have just left the ticket lie there since January. From what I've heard this is pretty typical for them.

• Like 3

Purchased.

That sucks about GoG dragging their feet, I always looked at them as the underdog to Steam.  Ah well, either way, whatever works for the indie devs will always get my support.  It just so cool to see it up on Steam. :)  It gives a whole new perspective on being a game developer in 2021.  I can't wait to get some hours logged so I can write a review.

• Like 4

You can always put a note saying you've played the game off-steam, most people will believe you. ;)

Spoiler

Ready to go to the Overlord's domain but I'm cleaning up somethings and I have a question about Ashford. I made the faery queen swear three times not to send her people into the normal world anymore which I'm pretty sure was a success. However, the Thane of Ashford still says the peril of the noble ones is preventing them from sending lumber to Bleyloch. Am I missing something?

By the way the faery world was VERY cool, I love that I can keep be surprised by the content and see the engine do little things I didn't expect.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:51 PM, adamantyr said:

Indeed... The quest for more money! ;)

This game looks beautiful and sounds great! I’ve successfully booted it up on real metal with the tipiPEB + SAMs card. 

I’m ready to purchase a hint guide before I even start.  I know, probably sacrilegious for me to say so.

When I read that this game takes around 130 hours to complete I feel like I may never finish — honestly. 

I wish to see it all through yet doubt I’ll MAKE the time required. Still, I wish to see everything inside! 

Admittedly, I’ve never played a role playing game. This has never been my gaming genre of choice. I’m excited to try it out but it’s kind of overwhelming as well.

What to buy when? Food or weapons? Spells? Jesus! It seems fun and interesting yet really complicated for the RPG beginner with limited TI-time. 

For me the experience would likely be more enjoyable if I had a hint guide to help me move forward for at least a while. 

Otherwise I suppose I could practice with smaller RPGs, to gain a winning skill set. Problem being this approach requires more time I don’t have. And I don’t want to play lesser RPG games.

I’d appreciate a hint guide as a sort of tutorial to help me gain some traction as a virgin RPG player.

• Like 1

This game looks beautiful and sounds great! I’ve successfully booted it up on real metal with the tipiPEB + SAMs card. 

I’m ready to purchase a hint guide before I even start.  I know, probably sacrilegious for me to say so.

When I read that this game takes around 130 hours to complete I feel like I may never finish — honestly. 

I wish to see it all through yet doubt I’ll MAKE the time required. Still, I wish to see everything inside! 

Admittedly, I’ve never played a role playing game. This has never been my gaming genre of choice. I’m excited to try it out but it’s kind of overwhelming as well.

What to buy when? Food or weapons? Spells? Jesus! It seems fun and interesting yet really complicated for the RPG beginner with limited TI-time. 

For me the experience would likely be more enjoyable if I had a hint guide to help me move forward for at least a while. 

Otherwise I suppose I could practice with smaller RPGs, to gain a winning skill set. Problem being this approach requires more time I don’t have. And I don’t want to play lesser RPG games.

I’d appreciate a hint guide as a sort of tutorial to help me gain some traction as a virgin RPG player.
Hint guide
- make maps
- take notes on anything you read or talk about with NPCs
- save a lot
- dragon's kill you

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, arcadeshopper said:

Hint guide
- make maps
- take notes on anything you read or talk about with NPCs
- save a lot
- dragon's kill you

Perfect ;)

I was thinking about publishing a hint book. The main issue is deciding what goes into it, and what the style is.

I was going to have it in a narrative form much like the Ultima hint books, but another part of me thinks it should be more in the style of Avernum, a no-frills straight-up guide on exactly what to do.

Any opinions?

• Like 1