IGNORED

Atari 5200 Power Issue (Help Needed)

JadedVGC

Hello everyone, 

I just picked up an Atari 5200 today off facebook marketplace and it was working just fine this evening! After I got done playing it, I noticed the power supply was making a faint humming sound indicating that it was electrically charged. I was concerned about it, but I figured that was normal for an old power supply to make that noise. However, eventually noticed that the power supply stopped making the humming noise. When I tried to turn the console on again, it would not power on at all. I tried different outlets and none of them solved the problem. I initially thought the problem was the switchbox because I know they can be very finicky. However I am more inclined to assume this is a power supply issue. Is there an easy fix for this or should I just cave in and buy another power supply off eBay? I'm just concerned that the problem won't actually be the power supply and it will instead be the switcher. Any advice or insight would be appreciated!