IGNORED

Sourcing good flux traces of old game disks?

stween

Hi! I have a kryoflux device that I use to archive my floppy collection (slowly but surely, but I'm getting there). I'm aware of greaseweazle, and I'm aware of some of the anti-sharing rhetoric from the SPS/kryoflux folks, and I'm doubly aware that people are still antsy about copy protection.

But my problem is this: tonight I wanted to play Railroad Tycoon. My original copy, on my original hardware! My plan was to read a raw flux trace, archive my copy on my local NAS, then write a copy to a new floppy and play from there.

Unfortunately, the kryoflux dtc tool gives me a "*H +<a number>" error on a few tracks. The manual says

*H     Header extra data was found. Data is hidden in unused parts of the block header. Sector images can’t hold such data;warning only.
+<n>     Found <n> modified sectors in the track dumped. It means that <n> number of sectors have been user-written sinceformatting a disk or duplication

These sound innocuous enough but the game actually bombs out with three bombs when I try to play from my original disks, or the copies, or the image under emulation. To be sure this wasn't an OS conflict, I tried TOS 1.62, 2.06, and EmuTOS.

Basically this is a roundabout way of getting to my question: I have flux-level copies of a lot of my disks, but I don't share them anywhere. I'd love a flux-level copy of this game that I own, manuals and everything. I could go find a .st image or something, but in many cases I can't just drop those onto a disk.

Do folks share these sorts of images? Is there an archive of ST disks that I've just never found? I'm definitely not looking for a free-for-all here, I'd just love to preserve what I have.

Edited by stween

Repository was created by DrCoolZic and you can follow the steps in posts 1 and 2 on the link provided by ijor and DrCoolZic will grant you read/write access directly to the repository.  Alternately, others have provided their dumps through my Dropbox share link and I  move them into the repository.  PM me if you cannot locate the Dropbox link and I will provide it.