IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

Here are my times for this past week (September 27th through October 3rd, 2021) on modern systems:

Browser based:

Taonga: The Island Farm: 165 min. in 14 sessions

Apart from playing a few classic games as well, I played some more Taonga: The Island Farm, and despite the short sessions, I do make some progress in completing the various buildings, though it doesn't go too fast.

• Like 3

iOS:

Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection - 445 minutes. I say I don’t have time for gaming but this seems to worm its way in… I’m at 50% now.

Game Boy Advance:

Road Trip Shifting Gears - 180 minutes. This disguised Choro Q game is really fun and diverse despite some maddening choices like making you sit through five results screens to retry a challenge. The Gran Turismo license test-like car control challenges are fun, the Mario Kart ripoff is fun despite serious balance issues, and normal racing is the most fun of all. Plus the cars are just TOO CUTE.

• Like 2

My times this week were

Diablo II (2000) for PC - 979 minutes

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001) for PC - 230 minutes

I finally completed the original version of Diablo II as the Barbarian for the first time on normal mode. After this, I copied my save data to a folder in case I ever want to play the original version on a harder difficulty setting and keep getting better items, then converted my character in the installation folder to an expansion character.

Converting a character to an expansion character or starting a new file with the expansion character setting checked changes your file over to the Lord of Destruction version of the game that was released as an expansion pack in 2001. Much like playing Diablo: Hellfire after playing Diablo I would consider either method of starting the Expansion pack as being a separate title from the original Diablo II as there are a number of differences. You are allowed to equip 2 sets of weapons and alternate between them, you have more storage capacity in your stash, you can find items that are specifically made for the new classes that were added, and the quest menu now includes a chapter V.

So far I've cleared 3 areas of Chapter V.

• Like 3

I managed to get times jotted down for the games I played; this last week was kind of a nutty one around the hacienda.

Switch:
Axiom Verge - 30 minutes
Centipede: Recharged - 240 minutes
Littlewood - 1470 minutes
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 240 minutes
Space Invaders Invincible Collection - 360 minutes

Not a great lot for stories to report on the Switch. 

Until there's some kind of new content for Animal Crossing, I have been playing Littlewood in the evening because there's honestly not a lot to the game.  Each day is segmented off by how much 'activity' you do in during the day, but otherwise there's no breaking equipment, no time passing, no individual tools, etc.

Mrs. Digdug picked up the Space Invaders collection for an early birthday present so I spent some time dorking around with the different games in the set.  Since I've adjusted all the options in every game I think it works best to log all the playtime for the games under its 'collection umbrella'.  Aside from the original B/W and Color games, Space Invaders Extreme is probably my favorite.  My wife calls Extreme 'Space Invaders: ADHD Edition' and I'm inclined to agree since it doesn't bother me in the slightest. ;)

Otherwise, I spent some more time on my playthrough of NSMBUD (almost to Bowser) and started a playthrough of the 'Luigi' side.  I also picked up Axiom Verge on sale, but have only played it enough to get the first gun and save.

XBox Series X:
Astria Ascending - 240 minutes
Diablo 2: Resurrected - 1440 minutes

I started playing Astria Ascending via GamePass last weekend and have really enjoyed it so far.  It definitely sticks to its JRPG roots and is simply a gorgeous game with visuals and sound.  I commented to Mrs DD that it was like the lovechild of FF12 that is side-scrolling.  I would've played it more, but got sucked into playing Diablo 2 more to progress.

Which... I rolled a Necro and am using a Summoner build.  I'd be further along if I'd stop starting over, lol.   Currently I'm at the end of Act 2.

• Like 2

PC

DEATHLOOP (356 min)

Hero Realms (222 min)

Fire Pro Wrestling World (251 min)

Magic the Gathering Arena (588 min)

OQ

Beat Saber (195 min)

Less gaming this week, I've been watching more TV and movies lately. Almost done with DL. I'm getting a bit cocky and trying to ninja across the levels and dying when I shouldn't be. Downloaded a bunch of wrestlers on the workshop for Fire Pro, so still having some fun with that. Lacking a bunch of Beat Saber time, as I've got an issue with my shoulder that needs to go away already. Being old sucks.

• Like 3

Coming in way late this week, but not too late it appears! :)

Nintendo Switch
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - 225 minutes
Doom [Classic]: No End in Sight - 340 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
565 minutes (9 hours 25 minutes) [565 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 565 minutes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Week 39

Top games

1. Littlewood (Switch) - 1470 min. (#4)
2. Diablo 2: Resurrected (Xbox Series X) - 1440 min. (#1)
3. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 1287 min.
4. Diablo II (2000) (PC) - 979 min. (#3)
5. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 821 min.
6. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 588 min. (#7)
7. Jurassic Park Evolution (PS4) - 540 min.
8. Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection (iOS) - 445 min. (#10)
9. Space Invaders Invincible Collection (Switch) - 360 min.
10. DEATHLOOP (PC) - 356 MIN. (#6)

Top systems

1. Xbox Series X - 2967 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 2958 min. (#3)
3. PC - 2626 min. (#1)
4. Xbox One - 1241 min. (#10)
5. iOS - 848 min. (#6)
6. PS4 - 702 min. (#5)
7. Oculus Quest - 195 min. (#8)
8. GBA - 180 min.
9. Browser based - 165 min. (#9)
10. Xbox 360 - 83 min. (#7)

Total 11965 minutes and 31 different games on 10 different systems, with 10 participants.

Finally the stats are ready to be posted, and we find that Littlewood on the Switch is 30 min ahead of Diablo 2: Resurrected on the Series X. Systems wise though, the Series X is 9 (nine) minutes ahead the the Switch with the PC in strong third place.

Hopefully next week I'll be able to post the summary a little sooner, but on the other hand it hopefully allowed everyone to post this week. Perhaps next week even @Eltigro will make it. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

lol Carlsson  :)

I'll go ahead and put in numbers so there in there and I don't forget.

PS2

Suikoden V - 1140 min (Really an excellent Suikoden game.  This one is the most like Suikoden 1 and 2 on the PS1.  The story is really pretty good, too, with some twists and turns and some sad cutscenes.  No one who can really compare with Nanami for comedic value, though.  She is still one of my favorites from S2.  While Suikoden 1 - 4 were on the PS Store for PS3, 5 was not for some reason, so I'm having to emulate it.  The actual disc is just too expensive for me right now.  And I've been having this issue throughout the game where my character can only move in 8 directions (up, down, left, right and the diagonals) which makes running some places annoying because of instead of running straight down a hall for example, I have to zigzag.  That's annoying, but the game is still playable.  The real control problem is with the fishing mini-game.  You're in a boat that you can move around and the cast your line in any direction... except it won't let me move either my boat or the line.  So I'm stuck in one spot and only being able to cast the line directly in front of the boat... so instead of chasing down fish you can see on the map, I can only catch fish that swim into the circle right in front of the boat.  Not sure if this is something related to the 8-way only movement issue or something unrelated.  Regardless, I haven't found any solution.  Oh well.)

• Like 5

On 10/8/2021 at 8:56 AM, Eltigro said:

lol Carlsson  :)

I'll go ahead and put in numbers so there in there and I don't forget.

PS2

Suikoden V - 1140 min (Really an excellent Suikoden game.  This one is the most like Suikoden 1 and 2 on the PS1.  The story is really pretty good, too, with some twists and turns and some sad cutscenes.  No one who can really compare with Nanami for comedic value, though.  She is still one of my favorites from S2.  While Suikoden 1 - 4 were on the PS Store for PS3, 5 was not for some reason, so I'm having to emulate it.  The actual disc is just too expensive for me right now.  And I've been having this issue throughout the game where my character can only move in 8 directions (up, down, left, right and the diagonals) which makes running some places annoying because of instead of running straight down a hall for example, I have to zigzag.  That's annoying, but the game is still playable.  The real control problem is with the fishing mini-game.  You're in a boat that you can move around and the cast your line in any direction... except it won't let me move either my boat or the line.  So I'm stuck in one spot and only being able to cast the line directly in front of the boat... so instead of chasing down fish you can see on the map, I can only catch fish that swim into the circle right in front of the boat.  Not sure if this is something related to the 8-way only movement issue or something unrelated.  Regardless, I haven't found any solution.  Oh well.)

I beat all the Suikoden games, I thought the PS2 versions weren't as good as the first two on PS1 maybe because of the 3D but mostly the stories were meh but I agree they sort of made up for it with the fifth game. I can hardly remember it I remember having all these colored squirrels on the team for some reason maybe to get some special item or something. I remember grinding for stuff and the game was pretty long and quite difficult towards the end. The controls in all the PS2 games were always kind of clunky esp. the 4th game with that damn ship. Lol. I was planning on revisiting the PS2 games at some point, it's been a long time.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (October 4th through 10th) on modern systems...

Browser based:

Taonga the island farm: 149 minutes in 15 sessions

Nothing new this week... new games, that is. I continued to play Taonga: The island farm and managed to clear the island of some bushes and stones while also making progress on the buildings built. There are still many more of them to build and also some more objects on the main island to clear, so I guess this will take some more time...

• Like 4

18 hours ago, cimerians said:

I beat all the Suikoden games, I thought the PS2 versions weren't as good as the first two on PS1 maybe because of the 3D but mostly the stories were meh but I agree they sort of made up for it with the fifth game. I can hardly remember it I remember having all these colored squirrels on the team for some reason maybe to get some special item or something. I remember grinding for stuff and the game was pretty long and quite difficult towards the end. The controls in all the PS2 games were always kind of clunky esp. the 4th game with that damn ship. Lol. I was planning on revisiting the PS2 games at some point, it's been a long time.

Yeah, I think for me, the ranking the games, it's 2, 5, 1, 3, 4.  The top three are really close, and the bottom two are pretty distant.  There are a few things that came with the 3D and some that were just poor decisions (I think).  My issues with 5 must be in the emulator or settings or something, because I've seen people play the game with actual hardware/software, and it works great.  Only thing I don't like is not being able to change/rotate the view in towns.  You can zoom in, but if something's hidden behind something, it's just hidden.  You can walk around hitting the button to see if something opens up, but otherwise...

In 3, I hated how the viewpoint changed and therefore changed how you needed to press the button.  There were a few times that I'd be going one way, the scene would change, the way I was pressing would be a different direction than the previous view, and it would make me run back into the previous room.  I also didn't like the way combat worked...  six people, but they were stuck in two person units, and only one spell could be cast per unit.  So even if you had six people with runes, you could only cast 3 spells per turn.  Bleh.  Also didn't like the limited map, with towns and areas connected by paths.  Seemed too restrictive.  Breath of Fire 4 is like that if you've played it.

In 4, I didn't mind the ships or the ship combat (which I've heard people complain about).  The encounter rate was way too high, meaning getting anywhere took forever because you kept getting stopped by fights.  Also didn't like that it was only 4 people per party.  Only one in the series that had only 4 people.  It also seemed too restricted as far as locations go and I HATED the way the main character looked.  Even though it sounds like I had more gripes about 3, I still think it was more fun than this one.

As far as the squirrels go... that was in 2.  You get the first one, Mukumuku, from the tree behind your grandfather's house at the beginning of the game.  The rest you can recruit later (but I don't think they counted for the 108 stars).  They weren't the best characters, but are fun.

• Like 3

I had vacation time starting last Wednesday so I got some quality playtime in!  (That.. and I had some stuff that kept me at home so really all I had to do for parts was play games, lol)

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 540 minutes

Littlewood -- 840 minutes

Mario Golf: Super Rush -- 180 minutes

Space Invaders Invincible collection -- 480 minutes

Tetris Effect: Connected -- 480 minutes

Tetris 99 -- 120 minutes

What's this... ACNH rears its head after months of nonplay? I started my island over in anticipation of new stuff.  I also finished out this month's Ranked Match play for Mario Golf and Tetris 99.  The newcomer to my Switch was the most excellent Tetris Effect; it's simply one of the best Tetris games I have played.

XBox Series X:

Diablo 2: Resurrected -- 600 minutes

FINALLY finished Diablo 2: Resurrected with my Necro.  Baal is a righteous PITA.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cafeman said:

PS4 Hot Shots racing, 60 minutes.

PS4 Jurassic Park Evolution, 240 minutes.

Oops, its not called JP evo! I just bought Jurassic World Evolution about a month or two back. I have no idea why I didn't earlier because I find it a lot of fun, and I'm usually not into park or city builder games. I got 5 stars on all the islands up to Isla Sorna, then went back and revisited some islands to complete some missions. I think it is Tacano where I've been at for the past week. I have a large paddock way off to the one side with a herd of Torosauruses, 3 raptors which don't bother these large Triceratops-like herbivores, and I keep adding big carnivores and watching the battles. Well, the Toros have killed one of every big carnivore! TRex, Allosaurus, Spinosaurus, and others. I was surprised.  I threw the Indominus Rex in there, it started to kill everything, but again to my surprise, my T Rex killed it. Yeah!   The JP music and the commentary from Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm really hit the JP feels right, and I had fun overcoming the various logistics problems. 

• Like 3