IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2021 (Season 14)

carlsson

20 minutes ago, carlsson said:

When it comes to those new G&W games like Super Mario Bros, Zelda etc, those clearly consist of modern technology and are made past 2000 so

Zelda was an original G&W though. Only that anniversary thing last year is modern. 

il_794xN.3602732781_tay4.thumb.jpg.221668a8cc349552481fd82cb784f493.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah. Super Mario Bros was also available as Crystal Screen (1988) and the Disk-kun version. It reminds me about the Nintendo Mini Classics from 1998 which technically also are classic games. Many are reissues of older G&W games, but I doubt anyone over here has played those. Since the Mini Classics also contain LCD games that were not part of the G&W, I'm unsure if that would count as its own format even if the gameplay is a replica of the older ones.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, carlsson said:

No, I never logged individual contributions in the classic tracker. The reason I did in the modern tracker was because I set up that format myself, plus that it serves as a reverse lookup that I haven't missed any times.

I can bet that I have most of the Suikoden minutes on both trackers... I played through all five main line games last year, but stopped tracking them somewhere during 4 probably...

Thanks for running the trackers carlsson, I hope to be back in them more regularly in 2022.  :)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the Game and Watch collections, I usually log them as their collection.  I haven't played any of them on DS, but I have played them for GB and GBA.  My reasoning was always that there was at least a few minimal changes to the games to display them on a non-lcd screen.  There is also quite a bit of "wrapper" content in those collections like unlockables and game variants.  That causes some unique goals and different gameplay than playing on the actual LCD version.

Also - was it intentional to have this discussion in the 2021 thread?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wongojack said:

Regarding the Game and Watch collections, I usually log them as their collection.  I haven't played any of them on DS, but I have played them for GB and GBA.  My reasoning was always that there was at least a few minimal changes to the games to display them on a non-lcd screen.  There is also quite a bit of "wrapper" content in those collections like unlockables and game variants.  That causes some unique goals and different gameplay than playing on the actual LCD version.

The DS collections and the DSi digital releases are exact replicas of the LCDs (or so it is claimed), the Game Boy games are not. I agree with treating the Game Boy games as Game Boy games.

It's in this thread because they would belong here if logged as DS games.

• Like 1