IGNORED

Using a Ubuntu laptop as a 80 col display

rietveld

Just thought I would tell you guys how I connected my new MIB to a terminal on my Linux laptop.   I am using a Linux box as a Telnet server for the MIB in the Adam , to get on the internet, so i figured i should also use it for my 80 col display instead of having a seperate Win10 machine to do that.

Connect the MIB to the Linux box using a db9 to USB cable.

Enter dmesg | tail into the terminal.

There should be a line like:

[49172.288653] usb 1-2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Open Putty with gksudo putty in the terminal.

Select Serial and enter /dev/ttyUSB0 

Thats it.  Now enjoy surfing the NET in beautiful 80 col Adam goodness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Outstanding.

What is interesting is how in the coming years of tyranny we will be using BBS's to communicate in secret.

The Tyrannical have been in place for a long time and all that has happened in the last couple months is that they have finally disposed of a major obstacle and hit others soft spot so now they will be good little soldiers.

4 minutes ago, NIAD said:

The Tyrannical have been in place for a long time and all that has happened in the last couple months is that they have finally disposed of a major obstacle and hit others soft spot so now they will be good little soldiers.

ID4 is one of my favorite movies so I like the idea of being important again of using Old Tech because everyone else is to dumb to read a grid square on a map.

IE...Walking Dead, The Book of Eli...ID4...

I should also brush up on my Ham Radio skills and break out my old radio shack equipment.

Imagine that the only way to stop the meltdown is by using a Coleco ADAM because of the bus interface.